View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #20601
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Gonna through this out here because I know there's a lot of people that can visualize this. I simply cannot get enough time to step away from the middle of it to actually think of a solution.
Our district has done a good job on staying in school through all this. Our district has minimal cases and my own school is the last (knock on wood) to not have a case at all. My concern is we now have several different forms of information. We have one that registers a student that is symptomatic, close contact, etc. We have another that logs students that are now quarantined that is communicated to district transportation. We have another that is a daily check in for students that are virtual or for all students on our virtual Wednesdays. And there is yet another that is used by teachers to log when they check in with their virtual students. My worry is there are so many forms that something can fall through the cracks. Outside of simply assigning people to communicate these forms to others, I want to find a better way to merge this information into one source that we can use to help track and help students. This is the headache we have.

Looking at it totally from the outside, fwiw ... I don't see 1 merged dbase there, I could see 2 merged databases though.

I'm just not sure the 2 health-related inputs and the 2 general checkin inputs belong in the same db, at least not the way the information to be input appears to be structured.

Have you tried looking at the problem as one of getting from 4 points to 2 instead of from 4 points to 1?