View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Building Basin: A SimCity 4 Interactive Dynasty

I tried one of these a few years ago to good results, but the difference is I'm actually saving the pictures on a server other than my own this time. Anyway, the idea is pretty simple. I've been pining to play SimCity 4 for a while, but as usual lost my CDs as I have probably half a dozen times since the game came out in 2003.

It was available on Steam now, so I went ahead and took the plunge and now I'm building cities again or at least, that's what I'm trying to do and where you come in.

I'm not looking for a lot of help. Mostly naming help in some cases as I expand to areas of the region I haven't built yet or other things as I get going, because sometimes it can be haphazard when I'm building.

The community I've taken is a custom map called Basin from some guy on the interwebs. I've just kept the name because I couldn't think of anything more clever. It'll be comprised of cities, towns and so forth.

To tell you how old the game is, I can't even get a resolution to fit my full laptop monitor because it's too new and the game maxes out at 1600 x 1200. So I had to take shots of the region in pieces. As you can see below, we're just getting started with all of this. I just began less than two days ago with building, but intend to spend some quality time investing in the other parts of the community in the coming days, so the population might grow quickly. In time, if it grows and I can get immersed, I'll perhaps do some leagues based on this place because that's always fun for me.

Here is Basin:

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-09-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote