View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 1 – We begin pm a small hill 2 levels tall, with few trees or rocks, just some rolling hills. It dips to -1 level in the center and then to our foes on the north are at normal levels. I use the hills to give partial cover to the Rifleman and Panther. We have problems moving the slow heavy mechs in here, because we don’t have a lot of long lines to run up and down. Anyway, we win init. The group we are fighting fought us on Genoa, and thus they are more wary, and will leave more quickly. We spend the turn moving out, and then concentrate fire mostly on their Nightstar, but also a but on a Wasp. The Nightstar took 60+ damage but no major hits internal, and we have no major damage.

Turn 2 – We lose init. Continuing to tentatively push forward through the terrain, we close to good angles of fire. Their Nightstar rises. A gauss slug from a Gunslinger smashes the H of our Hermes II and it falls dead. Meanwhile, we eviscerate fire into their Nightstar furiously and destroy sits RA with LRMs from the Griffin and then the Thunderbolt follows with its LRM 15 and destroys the RT and the mech shuts down.

Turn 3 – We win init. We move around. Our Javelin hops above and next to their Dervish. I move the Atlas forward to absorb fire from the mechs that can’t move much. Fusillades begin. Afterwards, their Centurion lost a LL and we dealt 60+dmagae to an Ostroc (stays standing). They savage our Atlas for 80 damage, I underestimated how much damage it would take, and it falls. Our Jav misses the kick but not its feet.

Turn 4 – Their Wasp bases the Atlas, but we manage to stand it up. I base the right side of their Dervish with our Pixie after moving our Jav out. Their Axman trips while moving backward over terrain but stands again. Fire begins. We send another round of damage to their Ostroc. They fire at the movement-less Atlas. The Atlas takes 100 damage and had many of it weapons it. When it falls and destroys its LA> Meanwhile, their Ostroc is like the miracle mech. It took 60 more damage and Is still standing, and while internal in a few minor places (such as both arms) is still fine and healthy.

Turn 5 – We lose init. Alright, time to get serious. We move forward and then I eject the Atlas pilot. Their Wasp and Fireball move into our Rifleman, but we ignore them and focus fire on two mechs. Our Awesome stabs three PPCs into their untouched Axman. One hits the Rl and gets a through armor critical and blows the leg right off and the mech tumbles. A bit more weaponry hit the Axman as well. Meanwhile, LRMs from the Catapult lance into the Ostroc and destroy both its RA and RT. It finally falls, and it’s the only mech on the ground until they kick the Rifleman to the ground to join it.

With four mechs injured or down, they decide to pull out. They leave behind the legged Axman and Centurion, and destroyed Nightstar. The Ostroc left easily though.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote