View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
A Brazilian named Diego Maradona? Wow...

He's got 689 days to go before English citizenship is a thing, but even at 22/23, he'll be a fantastic player at our level.

Transfer In - DR Keelan Mastouras (17) - From Bath
We finally have another player capable of playing the DR slot, if we decide to use that in any of our formations. Technically weak, but Brave (13) with physical attributes littered with 10+ and the only weakness a 4 Strength.

vs Willingdon Athletic III (8th)
G: Fraser Meldrum
D: Tom Thorne/Josh England/Edd Richardson (all three DCs)/Keelan Mastouras
WBL: Flynn Tarman
M: Orlando Joao/Lewis Hook/Palvy Manduakila/Lewis Soraf (no MR)
S: Alex Theobald/Edwin Ahenkorah

Alfie Cain is out 5-7 weeks with strained ligaments (just to update that), and Diego Maradona is out 3-4 weeks with an ankle injury (not that he's eligible anyway.

38 - Longball that went in because Meldrum got pulled out of position. Time to start attacking. 0-1

I pull yellow carded Soraf at half for Della Verde.

50 - Parrott in for Richardson, and Mastouras's stupid ass gets a double yellow.

We played like complete ass. I'm not used to losing at this level, so I tear the team a new asshole.

Transfer In - DC Harry Seal (19)
No physical attribute lower than 8, and he's immediately our best DC. Richardson's butt is going to sit on the bench now after this important upgrade. ID1S level player.

Transfer Out - MC Palvy Manduakila - $2.5k salary
Wow, they're not even waiting for the offseason to raid my guys. Still, Kila was the weakest of our central midfelder starters, so it's not the worst loss by any means.

@ Forest Row II (10th)
G: Fraser Meldrum
D: Tom Thorne/Josh England/Harry Seal (all three DCs)
WBL: Flynn Tarman
M: Orlando Joao/Lewis Hook/Bradley Della Verde/Lewis Soraf/Diego Maradona
S: Alex Theobald/Edwin Ahenkorah

47 - I'm screaming for an offsides, but don't get it. 0-1

54 - Richardson and Parrott replace the bums England and Seal.

73 - Hook angles up to Soraf for the feed to Theobald. Dribble and fire, and we finally make a damn shot after missing umpteen trillion easy ones. 1-1

This wasn't at all a game we deserved to lose. One thing I may end up doing is just going Overload the whole game, as we seem to play a lot better once we start doing that, based on the previous matches.

I mean, no panic button yet - it's only been 3 games, and even in a 10 team league, we're just 2 points back of an automatic promotion place. I keep having to remind myself we're in Division Six, and not the Division Nine or Ten I usually start at.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote