View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DC James Sage (21)
Fantastic at tackling and marking (11), but awful technically everywhere else. Great bravery, decision making, etc. Easily our top central defender and will go in the starting lineup posthaste. ID1S level.

vs Fletching (Mid Sussex Junior Cup 2nd Round)
G: Fraser Meldrum
D: Harry Seal/James Sage/Kashif Siddiqui
WBL: Flynn Tarman
M: Alfie Cain/Stephan Hamilton-Forbes/Lewis Hook/Peggy Lokando
S: Alex Theobald/Nico Thongvivat

10 - Awfully late offsides call on the goal by Theobald there.

18 - Rare missed tackle by Seal is a giveaway. 0-1

37 - Tarman side pass to Cain and center to Hook over 30 yards out. Lewis H. sees a sightline and cracks the long shot that sings home! The announcers fall all over themselves praising the goal, and rightfully so. 1-1

Although he can't play there, Mastouras replaces Seal at DC.

49 - He was pissed when I chewed out the defense at half, but Tarman cracks a bomb all the way down the pitch to Theobald down in the box. The striker holds up play until he can kick back-center to Thongvivant for the go-ahead goal. The kid dabs in celebration, and I'm grinning. 2-1

59 - Yellow for Cain, so in goes Joao.

No surprise that Lewis Hook's got an 8.6 and PotM. Stephan Hamilton-Forbes records a 7.5, and it's 7.2 each for our starting strikers as we overcome a shit game by the defenders.

vs Newick (2nd)
G: Fraser Meldrum
D: Harry Seal/James Sage/Kashif Siddiqui
WBL: Flynn Tarman
M: Alfie Cain/Stephan Hamilton-Forbes/Lewis Hook/Peggy Lokando
S: Alex Theobald/Nico Thongvivat

23 - Two gorgeous plays, and nothing to show for it early in the match. Then Hamilton-Forbes, who is fast becoming my favorite player on the team, steals the ball and launches a long pass to Thongvivant for the sweet mid-range strike! 1-0

35 - Thongvivant is in the far right corner of the box near the touchline, and upon harassment, sends it back to Lokando. Our Congolese winger sends a sneaky behind the back ground cross pass to Cain, and the keeper is nowhere near in position to stop the easy goal. 2-0

58 - Soraf for Hook; Mastouras for Siddiqui

81 - Devastating injury as Thongvivant is knocked out of the game!!! Ahenkorah hops in, and I'm swearing because we have no Physio, because no one wants the job.

8.3 for Alfie Cain and Nico Thongvivant, the former earning PotM. Ever-reliable Stephan Hamilton-Forbes nets a 7.9, and we polevault from 8th to 5th and now find ourselves within striking distance of 2nd - 2 points back. There's a chance for us to walk out with a Year 1 promotion after all, despite the fact that we keep losing money.

Nico Thongvivant is out 5-7 weeks. Not good, not good at all. He really sparked us since arriving, and I'm not at all enthusiastic about missing him.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote