Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #27
PilotMan
Head Coach

End of April, 2005

Omar looks to be ready to for another fight. He is responding well to training and the roadwork and ringwork look like they might be helping. As for Lawrence.....I really don’t know. I just hope he looks as good in his next match as he did in his last.

I saw a fighter that I think might be a good match for Omar. Fernando Santana is coming off of a KO loss, but has a KO win under his belt too. He hits hard, has good defense and will come forward. This will be an opportunity to see if I can bring out the counterpuncher in Omar. We ended up getting away from it in the last fight and that is really the type of fighter that I would like him to be. His chin is a little above average and his heart is in question. I know it will be a quick fight, I just hope that we can make enough of an impression.

So I called his handlers and mentioned that I might be intersted in a fight at the end of May. They laughed. So I said how about the middle of June? No reply. So I said what about the end of June? OK. The match is set for the end of June. Now to get these guys ready.

There is another title fight this week. Welterweight champion Sugar Ray Leonard is defending his title against Jose Napoles. Napoles is the #5 ranked contender to the title, and he is a huge underdog. Leonard is a favorite with odds at 1/6. The odds on Napoles are 9/2. Both fighters compare close, but Ray Leonard has the advantage in conditioning, while Napoles is coming off of a 7th round KO of Luis Rodriquez, another top 10 contender. It should be one hell of a fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote