Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #119
PilotMan
Head Coach

Second week of February, 2006

Fight Night-

For the first time in over a year there will be a night where two fighters from my stable will be competing. Lawrence and Omar both will be fighting. One has the chance to make a move in his career by beating the best fighter that he has faced. The other, likely will be running for his life against an opponent that I wish was in my stable.

Lawrence is facing Augustin Sandoval. A fighter with a gaughty 16-2-1(3) record. He is certainly beatable. He does have a good chin, but I think that he might be a bit quicker than McFarlane.

Lawrence has really been working the heavy and speed bags. I would say that he is in the best shape of his career right now, but I don’t think that he has peaked at all. Sandoval was ranked as high as #36 before his loss in his last fight. The other thing is that he does not look like he is in as good of shape as he could be.

McFarlane is going to attack from the start. He has won every other fight by KO or TKO, why stop trying now?

The oddsmakers are split ever so slightly on this one. Sandoval is the favorite at 4/5, while McFarlane is at 11/10. I think he will win but I am not going to be stupid.

Omar is fighting Felipe Vargas. Vargas is an animal with a huge punch and someone that I might like to have in the stable. The only problem is that he is only looking at much higher profile organizations, and he is very expensive. He will throttle Omar. Run! Omar! Run!

Is it wrong to bet against your own boxer? Maybe in baseball, but there are no rules here. Vargas is a 1/7 favorite, while the odds on Omar are a 5/1 longshot.

Some of the fighters that I have been following are also scheduled to fight this week. Here is a list of notable fighters and fights:

1) Welterweight FOY - Oscar de la Hoya 34-0-0(26) #4 v. Charles Norris 36-1-1(18) #9

de la Hoya is a machine and likley is going to kill Norris. Norris has not fought anyone of any calibre lately. He fought 2 times last year and had a draw and a loss. Not a fighter on the upswing. The draw was against Manuel Castillo. De la Hoya won his last fight with a sixth round TKO over Saul Rodriguez. De la Hoya is 2/7, while Norris is 13/5.

2) Bantamweight FOY - Job Reyes 18-0-1(11) #2 v. Joselito Pana 32-1-0(12) #5

This is a rematch from last year when Reyes Koed Pana in the 7th. The winner would have a good case for a title fight, but that is out of my control. Pana won his last fight with a 10 round split decision over Edel Milanes. Reyes in his fight had a draw with Bimbo Melchor. The odds are even 1/1 for both fighters in this one. It should be a good one. There is a lot of hype around it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote