View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #815
Radii
Head Coach

-- Birmingham is struggling in the EPL and they fire their coach. My name gets dropped here too, I don't get to tell them(or the media) no yet though.

-- I learn in a coaches meeting that Chris Mason continues to train well, his Decisions (12) have gone up, and his Stamina (12).

-- Jack Hughes resumes full training.

December 21st, 2019

Ipswich(13-5-4, 2nd) @ Exeter(11-2-9, 8th)

We're favorites today but its close, 5:4 to their 7:4. We're 5-0-1 against them lifetime.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/McKerr/Henrique/Berthet
M: Hughes/Guarin/Mills/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Exeter's Marius Stroe leads them with 12 goals. We bring Jack Hughes right away. We're counter attacking today.

7': We have a free kick near midfield, after a couple passes we get it to Constantino 25 yards out, he weaves through the defense and generates his own shot, its a clear cut chance but their keeper dives and tips it wide.

HALF: Uh yeah. We shoot 5 times but we don't have another offensive highlight after that. They have 4 shots, just one on target, nothing remotely threatening. Boring boring!

57': They're up to 9 shots taken here but all waaaay off target. They are attacking a lot more.

77': Clive Jackson comes in for Neil Gordon.

84': We get our best shot of the half, a long ball to Constantino, he's into the area but out a bit wide to the right with the defense closing down, he takes a shot but puts it wide left.

88': We have a throwin in their end, its thrown to Kirkland, he passes to Guarin about 20 yards out well left of center, Guarin strikes it towards the near post, its bending a bit, it seems like the keeper is there but he doesn't have it, its off the keeper and in!!! 1-0

We hold on, they were trying to pressure a good bit but couldn't put anything on target.

Exeter 0 : 1 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Stuart Kirkland (8.7)
Goals: Guarin (8.0)
Assists: Kirkland

Everyone else on the team was within the 6.7-6.9 range.

-- After the match we learn that backup ST Ian Taylor is out for 2 weeks, but Gordon Donnelly has resumed full training. That works in our favor I think.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote