View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #11
revrew
Team Chaplain

"Why not?"

"New England, man. New England. I know there were Minnesotans and Indianans who fought in the War, but it was all New England's fault. And Washington was the capital. And their mascots are really offensive to me. I'd rather beat those two squads in a season than win the SuperBowl, you follow me?"

"I hope not. You're going off the deep end and I'd rather return to normal."

"You don't understand, Kendall. Ever since the North invaded, my people have been spat upon, discriminated against, shut down, kept out, oppressed, lynched, and killed. Now's our chance to tackle, crush, invade, and kick their butts all over the gridiron! I want a team that will lynch Northerners on the field! I want a team that can set my people free!"

"And by 'my people' you mean..."

"Southerners, Kendall! Southerners! And black people, too. You know that racism wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Reconstruction. Why, you can't fault a flower--"

"Right, right, or fault a brother for making him a bastard. Sounds familiar. But you actually believe all that? I mean, I thought you were just trying to confuse our debate opponents. I mean, I've always agreed with the states' rights thing, but that whole analogy just seems to break down for me--"

"Don't be small-minded, man. Besides, your mother wasn't the descendant of a slave. How dare you question the expression of my being?"

"Have you been smoking something?"

"Cubans, actually. Want one?"

"No, thanks."

"Now, about the team..."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote