View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 07:39 AM   #26
revrew
Team Chaplain

Our first year of play led us to a surprising 6-10 finish. Solid secondary play and better-than-advertised play from QB Aaron Brooks led us to some thrilling victories, including a sweep of Atlanta (that was the crazy fluke year when Mike Vick threw 23 interceptions).

The unexpected success had also led us to a $45 million dollar profit, a number I didn't expect to see again for some time. Davis, of course, was thrilled.

I didn't expect to have as much luck our second year, so I made the bold choice to submit a stadium plan to the residents of Birmingham. Playing at the UAB stadium was okay, but with Rebel pride surging, I figured this opportunity was too golden to pass up.

I was almost right. The stadium referendum failed by a 50.3 to 49.7 vote. A mere three thousand votes stopped us from building Rebel Memorial Colisseum. Our time would come, however. It was time to move into the offseason, and time to figure out how I was going to deal with the $32 million in lost cap space after the Yankee purging.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote