View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sun June 29, 2014
Daejeon (8-7-3, 4th) vs Suwon (10-5-3, 2nd)
Third meeting between the clubs, first two were draws (2-2 and 3-3). If we steal a win here it would finally move us up a spot in the standings. With Gwangju at 44 pts (19g), Suwon 35 (18g), Goyang 33 (19g) and us 31 (18g) it's starting to look like several teams will be fighting for second place and a promotion playoff. I'd like to be one of those teams, this would help keep us in that pack. We'll stay 4-1-3-2 Standard to start tonight, having drawn with them using both of our primary formations previously.

Near disaster as we struggled to clear the box, finally booted it out 11'
4 passes leads to Kim Seong-Min shooting in the box ... GOAL ! 16' 1-0
Jeong Seok-Min on the fly out in front ... shot is wide by less than a foot 34'
A high tempo first half (our choice) has them tiring, they use 2 subs at half they're out now having used on for an injured forward earlier 45'
Three minutes added time 89'

Full time: Daejeon 1 - Suwon 0

Our defense was really the difference -- the DC's combined to win 17/22 contested balls in the air and had 24 interceptions between them. Pushing the tempo early against a side that came in more tired than us seemed to help in the long run as well. The staff wasn't nearly as impressed as I was so I tell the team it was a good win (well, I think that's what my handy interpreter said anyway)

Good:
DC Kim Jong-Soo 7.3/PotM, DR Kim Han-Sup 7.2, ST Kim Seong-Min 1g/7.1

Bad:
GK Kim Se-Joon 6.5
(yes, I failed to change back to our regular keeper but got away with it )