View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 08:43 AM   #5413
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's a weird dynamic. The vast majority of GOP officials want to move on from Trump, but can't (WON'T) because of his popularity. Yet the movement he brought together has shown signs of cracking and moving beyond him. He's been booed for suggesting people get vaccinated, and on Friday night in Arizona, he was booed when he mentioned the name of one of the potential Congressmen he endorsed, which elicited the most Trumpy of all Trump responses: "But you like me right?"

He's brought out neo-Nazis and other fringe-awful groups who presumably vote GOP so the party has gone mostly quiet on those ties, save for a few general denouncements. Witness all of the swastika people in Florida this weekend who were clearly pro-DeSantis, and he has said nothing about them while the convention he spoke at did the backpeddling for the GOP.

The GOP seems to be in this situation where they want to do right but can't ignore that doing wrong works so well for them. It's like someone's SS checks accidentally ending up in your bank account and you want to tell someone, but that extra $1500 a month sure makes life easier.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-25-2022 at 08:43 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote