View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #198
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
That QB from Rabun is put together like a linebacker

Do not underestimate the importance of the seemingly stupid personal foul Prince took in the opening minute of the 2nd half. That's a little bit of who they are traditionally.

Their offense came to life starting with the run by the big back (who has been curiously absent all night), they returned to a physical identity .. and Rabun has not responded to that at ALL.

This is NOT the Prince teams of old -- the ones coached by future HOF coach Herron were notoriously slow starters and second half dominators -- but it's much more what I'm accustomed to seeing.

The gameplan coming in was, as often is the case with them under Vandagriff, not great. They win in spite of their coaching, not because of it. But when they play to win rather than to showcase his son, they're a better team. The kid is damned good but they're best when that occurs organically.