View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #173
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Your accusations are baseless. I do not expect an android to understand the thoughts of we members of the genus homo sapiens superior.Friends and family have meaning to us. Content yourself in knowing that it is not something nefarious that motivates us; rather, it is desire to serve Apocalypse and strengthen our race.

Erik, you and I have little history of cooperation indeed. But even I recognize the sincerity in your words, though I lack the ability to see into your heart.

Have you forgotten the bond shared once shared by your very daughter, the Scarlet Witch, and I? She was my love and my life, and many times I have taken a course contrary to my own nature to protect her, or to please her.

We must all look with some skepticism at the words and deeds of our presumptive teammates in these times. Question not, however, my capacity to do what is in the best interest of mutants, for my history belies your implication completely.

Could I forget or ignore that Magneto is among the most powerful of us? Choose you to neglect my nomination of yourself to join me on my own mission to drive of the menace of Galactus?

It has been said, "Not only do right, but look right." Therein lies my words of caution about the possible underlying motives of those banding together based on past allegiances.