View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #251
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the first few minutes of your descent you can see the red stone walls encircling the cradle. Then a jagged rim of rock marks the end of the shaft, and you are plunged into total blackness. You can make out no walls or floor and the shaft itself is now just a small circle of grey in the darkness above.

(Do I have Divination? Yup)

Deprived of your sight as you descend into the Stygian void, your Kai perception compensates by becoming more sensitive and more acute. An image forms in your mind of the events taking place around the Cauldron. You see the winch and the faces of the Senate guards, who are feeding the rope that supports your cradle. They are joined by another, who has come to help with their task. He takes his place at the lip of the shaft and grips the rope, but hidden in his hand is a razor-sharp blade! Your throat tightens with fear as you picture the gloating face of Senator Chil.

The rope shudders and instinctively you grab the rim of the cradle as it jerks violently to one side. Your knuckles whiten and cold sweat bathes your brow. The cradle swings and twists wildly, then a crack echoes in the darkness above as the rope snaps and you plunge headlong into the abyss.

You fall like a stone into the whirling blackness. In desperation you thrust out your arms, hoping to seize an outcrop or ledge, but there is nothing in the void for you to grasp. The freezing wind screams past your face and your senses are overwhelmed by the horror of your impending doom. Suddenly an icy shock engulfs you as you strike the surface of a lake and plunge into its lightless depths. Stunned by the sudden impact and numbed by the icy water, you sink several fathoms before you can muster your strength and strike out for the surface.

Alright, end of exposition until I near the Lorestone of Tahou. I have to pick a number, and add 4 if I have Nexus. I get an 8, lucky roll. Note that a 0, 1, 2, 3 is death, so you have a 40% chance of dying even though you did nothing wrong, which, in my opinion, is totally unfair.

I land in a lake and make my way to the shore. I finally heave myself onto the shore. Do I have Divination? Yup. Apparently, I can sense that the Senate believed I died in the fall and have ordered the plug covered and the Cauldron again sealed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote