View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Things were surprisingly progressing nicely and smoothly despite the injuries to both our wings and the loss of Roger Lee. We picked up his replacement, Chris Abbot, a 22 year old Englishman who is supposed to have great Physical attributes and solid Mental attributes. He's struggled, though... a lot.

Then, Harrison Bell went off to Highworth on a $4,000 Key Player salary. He's been a lot better there, so kudos to him. For his replacement, we brought in Ian Sampson, a 25 year old Englishman. Great tackler for this level and supposed to be great physically. Terribly inconsistent, but I have hopes for him.

The big issue? Neither Amir Geid or Supat Rungsratasmee could find the net, resulting not only in our first loss in 27 league games, but a second loss. In came a pair of 22 year olds: Connor Collins, an Englishman with Flair (14) for days and great physical attributes bar the 4 Stamina; and Justin Koeries, a South African with some solid technical and physical skill, but that 2 Composure and 1 Concentration need a lot of development.

That didn't help the drought, so we tried a 4-3-1-2. Nope. Until I finally broke my no old man rule and signed 33 year old DM/DR/DC/MC Jake Ash, he of the 14s and 16s galore in Mental Attributes. Changeover to a 4-1-3-2 DM and we spanked favored Teignmouth 3-0 to snap the drought. In that new formation, everyone is doing what they were, except Ash as the DM, Darius Covaci as a supporting Ball-Winning Midfielder rather than a defending one, Amir Geid as a supporting Target Man rather than an attacking one, and Connor Collins as the Poacher.

The 3-0 squash - keyed by Geid's 2 scores - expanded our lead back to 9 points. So we'll run with this new formation for a while and see how long it takes our opponents to adapt to it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote