View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #2635
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well, to be honest, I think cop dramas tend to be a bit dull to begin with, but I heard/read that a lot of the show is based on the politics is corrupt and there is some of it in Season 1, but I assume it gets more fleshed out later (I would prefer watching the political show).

I thought the story of Wallace was pretty good, but I far preferred D'Angelo - esp his statement about how they are raised and live in this environment where they can't breathe, so they go right into the business. Kima's was ok, but I don't think I saw much 'development' there. Far more development was the cop who early on got his gun taken away for police brutality (which was shown to be effectively covered up) and then demonstrated he had a talent for finding patterns.

The political side will definitely get ramped up in a big way. Season 2 for union politics and then season 3 for more standard politics. I just think the big draw was there aren't really good and bad guys. I mean there are some bad people but most people are just products of a bad system on both the police side and the crime side. Without getting into spoiler territory at all I think the show pretty much flushes out what life could look like with some of the police reforms people want right now but also why it will never happen.

The problem is going to be keeping you watching after season 2 because even loving this show as one of my all time favorites I would put season 2 as just good.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote