View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #142
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Actually, in stony seriousness, I'd be one hell of a lot happier with a lot fewer of them than we've ended up with. But the fault I find there, which I do put at the President's feet to a significant extent, is the failure to properly prosecute the war. The only fault I find with the decision to go to war in the first place might rest with whether I'm ever convinced one way or the other that he knew beforehand that he would not attend to things there in a militarily efficient fashion. In other words, I might someday reach a point of deciding "better not at all than half-assed" but I'm not yet convinced that the eventual strategy was what was originally intended.

See, it's the aftermath that to me was inevitable which was why I was very against the war in the first place. Otherwise I'd have been apathetic to it. Can't get worked up with Greneda even though we didn't need to do it.

The aftermath was inevitable. Either that or simply leave then and all we'd have accomplished is create a huge power vacuum in a resource rich country with those not particularly aligned with us surrounding it.

The only way to remove the dictator properly is coup with the power structure already in place to fill the void. Had we done that I wouldn't have had such a negative view of the affair and I think how that turned out would have judged it's success or failure.