View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan19 View Post
An idea I'll probably explore is to export the game data and use an Excel VLOOKUP to join together the player_information and player_record data. That should provide the necessary information, including player names, chemistry info, birthdates, etc.

Some nonsense like that is gong to be necessary to really use this stuff aggressively. Right now, I can go to the main list of free agents and sort them by personality traits... but that's necessarily a primary/secondary sort. So, if I sort guys by Personality then Leadership, a I slide through that list I'm seeing all the guys with 100 Leadership, in descending order or personality. With those numbers on the player card, this was an effective way to splash around for a position leader candidate. Now, with it hidden, it's a train wreck to do. Even on that sorted list, there's a mammoth difference to m between two adjacent guys: Ldr100/Pers4 (useless) and Ldr99/Pers98 (great) and I can't tell who's who without clicking (or mouse-hovering) each one of them.

Same thing whn doing a FA search by birthdate... it used to be simple to open up the8 guy in the right sign listed in a row by birthdate, and then by skimming their cards you'd see birthdate, experience, leadership, and personality -- everything you needed to tell if they guy could be useful. Now that's hidden, and an extra click for each guy.

I know it sounds like stupid griping, but it seems like a big loss for no real gain other than, what, some trivial change in rendering speed?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote