View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #39
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
There is absolutely no doubt at all that turning it off is easier.

I think it's an open question whether adding that optional layer, and having it be one more complicating factor in team-building is a net positive. I think it's a really good thing to have in the game for that reason, despite its various eccentricities or the fine details of how it's implemented.

For whatever reason, I have become positively inclined to play this way, and what is deeply tedious to most gamers is actually interesting to me. I suspect the number of people who will find it worthwhile to invest deeply like I do is going to be really small. But will you find the occasional team who uses it here or there as a tiebreaker? Sure. Will you find lots of managers who basically just avoid conflicts? Sure. Will this be yet another lesser component (like sticking with your familiar low-rated guys for cohesion purposes, or cultivating a lot of special teams skill in your depth chart, or whatever).

Sorry, what I meant is that for my sanity it's just easier to turn it off than to fiddle constantly to get a handful of affinities.

I think everything you're saying applied perfectly to FOF7, but the stance Jim took in designing chemistry in FOF8 was that instead of ripping it out like I believe he wanted to do, he halfway buried it. In that sense, I'm just gonna turn it off in sp. I don't need the edge it might give me because against the AI as I'm always at an advantage against the AI.

Last edited by garion333 : 01-10-2017 at 09:39 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote