View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Down 10-4 at the 15 minute mark. Their guards are beating ours right now.

At the 12 minute mark, we are down 14-7 and Andres and Everett are both tired. Andres has all of my points, but he has to rest.

We tie it at 24 with 5 minutes to go mainly thanks to Snow who has been hitting his shots.

Down 37-35 at the half. We have to cut down our turnovers. They have generated too many steals and that has been our biggest issue. Also, Engle is killing us behind the arc. He has 14 points and is the player of the half.

Snow is our leading scorer with 12 at the half. Andres has 5 and Santos has 6.

Andres was absolutely crushed on a dunk attempt.. He goes down hard, but gets right back up. We are on the start of a run having scored the last 5 points.

We are up 43-41 at the 15 minute mark. That hard hit on Andres ended our scoring run and they responded with their own brief run to close the gap.

Up 66-61 with 5 minutes to go. Snow has been making big shots while Andres has been resting the last few minutes.

They get a 2 and the foul down low to pull within 2. 68-66 with 3 minutes to go.

Santos with a basket in the post on a fadeaway jumper and then the steal!

They block Santos shot attempt. They miss their shot and Andres with the board. 1:30 to go.

We exchange missed shots, before Andres gets a good screen and goes baseline for the reverse jam! 72-66 with 54 seconds to go.

A quick basket inside makes it 72-68. They intentionally foul Everett who hits both FT's.

A missed 3 and they foul Pait when he rebounds it. He hits both FT's. A quick 3 keeps them barely in it. Everett hits all of his FT's down the stretch and we win it.

We win 80-73.

Despite Snow leading the team in scoring, Santos wins player of the game. He had 14 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He shot 4 of 12, and 6 of 6 from the line.

Everett had 14 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 2 of 8 and 10 of 10 from the line.

Hodari had 7 points, 1 board, and 1 steal.

Andres had 13 points, 7 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 3 of 9, 1 of 3, and 6 of 6.

Pait had 4 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks.

Snow had 22 points and 1 assist. He shot 9 of 13, 3 of 4, and 1 of 1.

In recruiting news, it looks like we are coming after Grove too late. He has told us he is most likely going to Michigan State. Still, since they haven't offered him a scholarship, I keep pursuing him.

In better news, DeShaun Simon has told us that he is 99% certain he will sign with us as soon as possible. The other good news is that SG/SF Friedrich Collins who is an excellent midrange shooter has told us that we have moved ahead of Buffalo and St. Joes on his list to his #1 school. He'd like to come to the campus for our final regular season game and check it out. Of course, we agree. (note this is RP. In actuality, it just finally became a recruiting option for the first time as I got his interest high enough.)

Our next game is at Manhattan. We beat them 90-59 at home a few weeks ago. Our final game is at Sienna which played us tightly at our place. We are currently 21-4 and have a great chance to finish at least 22-5 (14-4). If we do so, we should win the conference regular season title and be the #1 seed in the tourney.

We are now the #6 team in the Mid Major Poll.

#1 Miami (OH) 19-5
2. Norht Texas 25-5
3. Nevada 18-5
4. UL Lafayette 19-6
5. Jacksonville 23-4

Now to catch up with the UNC-Clemson game on the DVR. I'll finish out the regular season on Friday (I'm off) if I don't get a chance sooner.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote