View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #208
Radii
Head Coach

December 14th, 2013

Kidderminster (10-7-3, 4th) @ Woking (7-8-5, 11th)

The odds are basically even. 6:4 for kidder to win, 13:8 for us to win, 2:1 to draw. We need to win, and we *really* need to score. We know these guys pretty well. We're 3-0-2 against them, our last meeting was the playoff finals to promote out of the BS Premier to end the 11/12 season. They beat us 3:2 and forced us to spend another year in the BS Premier.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Thomas/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Subotic/Sole

Sole with a rare start. Pablo hasn't been playing great and is tired, he's sitting out today. Harsanyi is available for the 2nd half if we need him.

10': After a throwin in their 3rd of the field, we control the ball on the left side. Upson passes over ot O'Sullivan. He's a long way out but doesn't haev anyone near him. He takes a few steps foward and fires a strong shot from 25 yards out. The keeper dives but has no chance at all... but the ball hits the right post and bounces away. If it was on target the keeper was just not there, close!

16': They have a thorwin on their end. Upson with a long clearance of a bad pass, Subotic runs on to it and there's no defender in front of him... he takes it into the right side of the penalty area... one on one with the keeper... and fires a shot off the keeper where it falls safely away. That was a clear cut strike, I don't know how he didn't score.

39': Trhowin by Kidder, we deflect it away but it falls to the 20 yard mark straight in front of the goal. There's a scramble to get there, a Kidder striker is there first and he fires a shot that beats Lynch in the right side of the net. 0-1

46': A long pass down the left side for kidder... Ogogo gets to it first but doens't clear it well, it ends up practically being a centering pass for them, a striker runs on to it and fires it past lynch. 0-2

HALF: we didn't see a lot in the way of highlights here. Two good chances for us squandered, two good chances for them, both converted. Disaster.

-- jesus is exhausted. Clapham is in for the second half. Harsanyi is going to get into the mix as well.

49': Out of nowhere!!! Clapham has a freek kick from nearly midfield. He places a ball nicely into the area, Downes gets his head to it and puts it into the net!! Its a goal! 1-2

64': We delay in possession on their end of the field, O'Sullivan to downes, he betas his man and triggers a run down the right side, a cross... Upson gets his head on it... just over.

68': Harsanyi ends up one on one about 20 feet away but puts a shot wide.

82': We have a throwin deep in their end, there's a cross from Clapham, Ogogo gets his head to it in the 6 yard box... just wide! Gah! That was out THIRD clear cut strike and we have just 1 goal.

83': Ademola in for an exhausted downes.

88': We go all out pressing to try to generate a goal. They break us down immediately and Lynch makes a brilliant save.

92': Harsayni with a cross after a deep throwin... he sends the cross over everyone and out. He'll get his touch back, don't worry.

That was our last chance.

Woking 1 : 2 Kidderminster

We shoot 13 times, they shoot 8. But we both manage 4 on target, they just finished theirs and got out to the big lead. Downes has our goal (7.2), Clapham with the assist off the bench (6.9). Upson played well also putting up a 7.2. Sole was bad, 5.8 and out at the half. No one else stands out. Kidderminster is near the top of the league so we shouldn't be too upset, but, I don't like losing at home. Thank god we scored a goal. We drop to 13th with the loss.

Last game the Media called out Mike Williams for a string of non-exceptional performances in defense. Today they're going after Subotic. With Harsanyi back I do intend to rotate my strikers around and see if I can get something working.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote