View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #27
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Another comment I'd like to make on the user interface. I'm going to restate that I think the level of control is probably where it needs to be, it just needs to be more accessible. There was a post here about "pushing" info vs. "pulling" info, which I think hits the nail on the head. In that line, there are a number of things that seem to require "brute force" actions that are tedious but apparently necessary.

Last night we finished the draft at AUFL, and I was adjusting positions in my roster, and hadn't given this much thought before but I changed one of the rookie players' positions and got the message "it is likely that this will increase this players' ratings." Well, suddenly I decided to go through my roster and see how many of the lower-rated players benefit from a position change. This was tedious, required me to open each player, choose the "change position" button, submit the change, and then I am finally presented with the results of the change. I click "no" if I don't like it and have to go through all those steps again to try a different position. This is one of those things that favors GM's who have all the time in the world to do these "brute force" actions, when the effect on the player rating could just as easily be next to the weight information and cut the time required to make the decision exponentially.

Another brute force area is weight training. It seems clear from other threads that you want to get your players' weight optimal (or is it BMI? I think the consensus is weight) - so for the training camp stage you have to go through all 60 players, click on "weight training," descipher what the info actually says, and choose whether to have them gain weight, lose weight, or nothing. This would go much faster if we could have a page that shows our entire roster, their weight info, and a radio button to decide what their weight training should be.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote