View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 02:22 AM   #425
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421
It's a pretty addictive game, so make sure you have some free time before you start it.

I REALLY should have listened to this. But I didn't.

Been a while since a game has grabbed me like this one has. A couple of things:

** Despite what's shown here and comments by thehitcat who apparently started off even a bit faster, it's entirely possible to languish at the bottom. My first semi-serious attempt, with me screwing up many things naturally and sometimes just moving my players around haphazardly, ended when I was about to start a 4th out of 5 seasons in the Amateur League. Basically just saying this so for others, there's plenty of ways to not succeed. More challenging than it may appear based on this dynasty(and that's not even thinking about Hard mode).

** The main thing I didn't realize is how much of your money comes from selling your players. I thought that most of it would come from sponsors and gate receipts. Not a good concept to ignore.

** The 'one more turn', or in this case match, vicegrip is strong with this one. It is VERY strong.

** I'd be interested to see how the tactics go at a high-level, before I you known actually learn enough to get there. When you get to Premiere League which doesn't seem to be too terribly far away, I wonder if you'd consider taking the time to do a match or two in more detail. One of the things that is most impressive to me is the way FTG sort of eases you in and then things get more complicated as you start dealing with higher-level players, more of whom have skills, a busier schedule, etc. Let's just say my first Third-League season was an absolute dumpster-fire. Sold off my one decent forward a year early because I thought I needed the money for a bigger stadium … which very quickly didn't matter because I scored one goal in the first 15 matches. By a midfielder, two of which had better accuracy than either of my forwards. Neither of them could have threatened a Third-League keeper if their lives depended on it.

Anyway, enough of that -- good stuff and keep it up!

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-10-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote