View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #271
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

June 25, 2018

So I've just found out about this wonderful situation I find myself in...

Every year, due to my treatments I max out my insurance deductible around mid year and everything after that is covered 100%. However, last fall, there was a problem. The hospital where I have my MRI forgot to get pre-authorization for the scan, and when they submitted the bill to the insurance company the payment was denied. So the hospital decided to resubmit the paperwork with a back-dated pre-authorization which was also denied. So what does the hospital due...they now bill me about $6000.

To make matters worse, when I call to find out why this is my problem when they were the ones that screwed up, they say, "We've been very patient waiting on our money and if you don't pay we are going to turn it over to a collections agency."

I've reached out the carrier about this and they still refuse to pay, but they are looking into changing the denial and stating the hospital is responsible for the cost and for them not to come back against me. Saying my prayers this happens...If not, looks like I might be having to go to court over this...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote