View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 01:16 PM   #780
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Universal ended up being pretty easy. We ran out of stuff by the second day we were there. Early admission made Velocicoaster and Hagrid's a breeze to hop on. Even single rider for VC wasn't bad, I don't think Hagrid's ever had one. I think we did everything except the Simpsons Kodos ride, one of the water rides, Seuss land, and ET.

Fast and The Furious and the Jimmy Fallon ride were exceptionally shitty. King Kong was pretty shit too. Minions shooting ride was for people with ADHD. Doctor Doom's Free Fall was the worst drop ride I've ridden. We waited 20 minutes and it literally lasted 2 seconds. I thought there might be multiple rises and falls, but just shoots you up and you gradually bounce down.

If you go, ride the coasters, The Mummy, the Harry Potter 4d rides, Transformers and Spiderman. Depending on how you time it, you could maybe do it all in a day, but probably 2. We just kinda wandered aimlessly the last 2 days to kill time.

Thankfully, Harry Potter world(s) were cool if you have knowledge of it. My daughter thought she had grown out of the fandom but she geeked out the entire time.

Also, the food there and in Universal City Walk is trash. NBC Sports bar, probably the worst food I've ever had in a restaurant.

We also started the trip with a half day at Epcot since we got in early. It was OK, just way too crowded. We did everything but Guardians as the Virtual Queue was full in under a second.i literally had it, clicked join, and it was full. We waited a while for frozen and Remy, but nothing else was terrible. Test Track single rider is the way to go if you don't care about designing a car.

I still think Disney wins mainly from the food, theming and immersion, but Universal didn't feel that far behind. I'm interested to see the new park they open next year with Mario and How to Train Your Dragon.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote