View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #143
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I guess I find it humorous that MBBF is bashing Microsoft for all the stuff he praised Sony for doing last console cycle. Brand loyalty past the age of 14 is just so bizarre to me.
Why? I imagine there are brands or business you're loyal to because they treat you well. That's true of virtually everybody. If you don't develop some kind of brand loyalty, I think there's something wrong with you.

I chose a Dreamcast over PS because I believe then and believe now it was a superior system. Sony just did a better job cultivating games and developers and locked up enough exclusives to kill the Dreamcast. I finally got a PS just to play some of the sports games I wanted, and it was a buggy POS. It crashed 50% of the time playing NCAA basketball, and I would have chucked it out the window if I hadn't learned that 90% of the time I could recover from the crash if I opened the CD enclosure while it was running and close it again.

I chose Xbox over the PS2 by default. I wasn't crazy about MS or the way they were running things, but I wasn't going to touch PS again after my experience with the first one. I was happy enough (despite a couple of RRODs) to choose the 360 over PS3, although Sony's pricing and other errors made the decision pretty easy as well.

I'll bet I sit this one out for a while. I can't imagine getting either system in the next 24 months. I'm assuming we'll still see some games for the 360 for a couple of years, but if not I'm satisfied with the current games I have and what's in the pipeline. Right now I imagine I would give the PS4 the nod over Xbox because MS is doing even more things that drive me crazy.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 06-11-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Horrible typo
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote