View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #646
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A lot to digest today. First, two notes that deal directly with me:

Swaggs, I actually voted for others than me, not out of any lack of confidence whatsoever, but because of my nature to not be "selfish" in such choices. I will always choose to give before I choose to take. I do believe I am the best for4 being a consul, and in the future I will vote that way, if for any reason than to show I know this to be true.

LSG, why do you assume venom on me? You want to skip right past the arrest and straight to the rock? And with no explanation either. Very poor form. In fact, above and beyond that it involves me directly, I have to say it was the single strangest public action taken yet in this game and deserves considerable scrutiny.

Now as the goings ons. Does anyone now think being a lawyer is anything but a death sentence? Between investigative abilities and the influence they may have on arrest trials and lawsuits, I would think good lawyers are the last people wolves would want to keep alive--and they will know who is good or not. So I would be very suspicious if a lawyer continued to stay alive unless he was continuously protected via bodyguard.

I think it would be a good idea to track lawsuit success. I believe AlanT is on to something in that the individual suits themselves may have no bearing on the results, just the matchup of the individuals suing and being sued. A close look at this might reveal a different ranking system involving influence that could be just as important as the one involving wealth.

I think the services are used in the kills. The types of services available depend on whether the player hiring the service is good or bad. This has already been supposed by others, but I think this is even more obvious from the fact that there were no wolf actions on Day One. Of course they could not kill then--they, too, had to wait the day out and successfully purchase their services. This might also indicate that those who are more wealthy would be suspicious in situations where we have a number of deaths. For instance, today, we have two deaths. If services can be used to execute kills and we assume five wolves, that means a fringe faction (15-20% wolf) won two of the seven (28%) non-lawyer services (a sword-wielding one, and a poison-using one). That would suggest there is at least a small concentration of wolves in amongst our wealthiest. It is too small a sample size right now to just start picking off the wealthy, but it is food for thought.

I am around right now, and will be around most of the day tomorrow before leaving for work, so I encourage anyone who has questions for me to ask them. I will be glad to respond.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote