View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Biggle must have changed his screen name to Ezarik (unless he's Jesse). But to take the bait, there is something called "principles". Voting for red or blue does not adhere to those principles, esp. after what we've seen the Reps done the past 6 years and the Dems for 30 years during my lifetime. But I'll just excuse you for being clueless.

You're the one who thinks that your little stunt today is going to change anything and you call me clueless? I would think that your vast years of experience would tell you that this is the system we have. Do I like it? Hell no. I would love to have a valid third party in this country but it's not happening any time soon. You can vote your principles all you want, but why complain when nothing changes? Why should a politician listen to you? Especially if you only represent 9 percent of the electorate?

Quote:
The majority of eligible voters will stay home today. Many are disgusted with the business of politics and if they do vote, it will be for none of the above (unless you think that changing from one evil to another will solve anything).

Are you talking about voters in general, or libertarian voters?

And yes, I know what a libertarian is. I also know that in today's world, the Democratic party is closer to libertarian views than the Republican party.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote