View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #156
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Since there are still questions about the game I ill post a little "The Amazing Race 101" (WW style).

Below is a simplified example of what a leg will be like and how the game will play out from leg to leg.

- Start at checkpoint A.
-- You will start from the final location of the previous leg.

- You need to travel to destination B.
-- Tell me if you want to try anything special to get to that location. "Team up with Team X; go to the airport together; get tickets" (sample, you can give more or less as it is up to you)

- Detour
-- This will consist of two choices. Each choice may have an upside or downside and I will list which skills will help the most.
-- Both players on the team participate but you will choose which detour to attempt.
-- Sample: Row your boat or Peddle your bike. Either boat across a channel or take a bike across the bridge and find he destination. Option A uses physical and water skills while option B uses Physical and Travel skills.
-- Instruct what to do. "Team X will Row the boat as we are good with water tasks. Use X in extra effort (A from player 1 and B from player 2) for this challenge to help us gain more of an advantage."

- Roadblock
-- A roadblock will be an event that only one member of your team will perform.
-- A clue will be given but not all details revealed but the best skill for it will be listed in the clue (there may be others that will help but the primary will always be listed).
-- Select which player to participate.
-- Sample: Strike it out (physical). "Team X selects player 2 to perform the task and he will use Y in extra effort."
-- Result: The player had to bowl a strike.

- Get to the pitstop
-- Each leg ends at a pitstop. You need to get there. Travel will be the biggest asset but use your creativity as well.
-- Sample: Pitstop - Top of the empire state building
-- "Team X will use Y aggression to get to the pit stop (your team will be extra ruthless in their attempt to get their first; more depending on how much aggression is used)."

Each of the events will be rolled (including the travel) and based upon skills you will have a better chance to perform well (though anythng can happen). A time will be assigned to the rolls and attempts and added for each team. Additionally there is an X factor that I will take into account for a team's creativity in their writeup (like the dungeon crawl used, I am assuming). The X factor could be good or bad (if the clue is to go to the statue of liberty and you tell me to travel to Philly to go there; this would not be good).

At the end of each round the results will be displayed as a leaderboard. The final team to check in "may" be eliminated (most legs result in elimination). The final leg will include the final three teams. There will be at least 2 pre determined non elimination legs.

1st - Team B
2nd - Team C (+0:05)
3rd - Team F (+0:15)
4th - Team A (+0:20)
10th - Team H (+2:15) - eliminated

There are two other events which could occur.

Yield (I think this is now called a speed bump in the game as I am using it). If this is put into play a team that arrives at the detour first may select a team to use it on. If that team has not arrived at the detour yet they will have to perform both tasks before they can continue.

Fast Forward. If this is put into play a team can select to go for the fast forward before going to the frst event of the leg. If they are the first team to complete the fast forward they can go straight to the pit stop.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote