View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #925
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I am curious as to how you will describe that situation. He will likely be higher than some of the probables after Wimbledon (if my own maths is right) but can he be described as probable in his own right when he is likely to not pick up many more points?

I've always based that breakdown on the math at the time. Not all the players end up filling out all of their 500/250 spots optimally anyway, so it's not specifically as big a deal as it may appear to be.

Quote:
Going for a change of strategy (that many are likely doing) and chasing xp with practise sessions. Before it was all about the court surface which is probably a decent technique till they hit the top level.

I always end up doing that at some point. That's why my players end up being better on clay at the start of their career than the end, because they do more HC training later to stay with the horde of top players. It also usually ends up with me having a suboptimal court distribution though, so it's a tough balance to strike and is one of those things that I don't think I have 'just right' yet.

Quote:
he will likely grab it back as soon as Mr. 8.9 gets up to full speed.

I hope so, but we'll see. I'm a shadow of my former self in the manager rolls.

2nd through 5th being seperated by less than 800 points means there's lots of opportunity to go either direction for Chiba right now. If he wasn't playing like crap, I'd be in glass is half full camp noting that he's got a chance to get an improved 500-event result next week, and only made the QF at Wimbledon so maybe he can improve that as well. Playing like he is though, I don't have much confidence in all that.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 03-23-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote