Old 04-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #954
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race to the World Tour Finals
Post-USO Edition

In

John Hart - 12,190
Brian Meikeljohn - 8,600

These two are still the only sure things, having split the year's Slams between them.

Probable

Barry Molyneaux - 5540
Ali Solberg - 5255
Seamus Hughes - 5145
Isa Solheim - 4610
Nicolas Perez - 4080

Molyneaux, Solberg, and Hughes are all going to qualify. I could have put them as 'In', but I wait until a player hits 6k points or is mathematically certain to do that ... and they aren't quite there yet. They will be though. Solheim is nearly as certain, and Perez now has a cushion between himself and the bubble. I'd be very surprised if this group didn't all qualify. That leaves only one spot. More interesting though is 3-6 being within a thousand points. The question of reshuffling that group is probably the most compelling for the rest of the year.

Contenders

Sushant Chiba - 3655
--------------------
Mike Rhodes - 3605

Only a decent USO run has Chiba, who it must be said again was #2 at the start of the year, narrowly ahead here. He's definitely got the edge over Rhodes, but could still lose it if he doesn't get one more acceptable showing out of either Shanghai or Paris. I don't see anyone other than Rhodes, and probably not even him, upsetting things at this point though. Despite how close this comparison is, the Top 8 seem set.

Long Shots

Valery Stachovsky - 2895
Harald Balzer - 2815

Stachovsky should do well in Paris, but is too far back for that to matter if he doesn't manage something good between now and then.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-05-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote