View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #37
sabotai
General Manager

NFL 1935

A few new changes for the next season going forward.

1) I'm in the mood for a bit more alt-history, so I'm going to start randomizing injuries. In the game, there is no Free Agent pool for teams to take from when an injury occurs. Some players that should have gotten injured didn't because of the minimum player requirement for positions prevented them from becoming injured.

So I'm going to start doing two things. First, I'll create a few scrubs per position on each team before the season starts so that they exceed the position requirements, and secondly, I'm going to input a random INJ rating for each player. Some players may have only played 1 or two games in real life and if they did very well in those games, their rating may be inflated, so I'll be looking out for that as well.

2) I'm tired of seeing a blank Sacks stat. Before the start of each season, I'll use the "Estimate Sacks" button to assign a sacks value to each defensive player so that Sacks will show up for the defense now.

3) Looking at the standings, all of the teams in the NFL in 1935 played 12 games except for 2, the Eagles and Redskins. They played 11. However, I look at the schedule and see the Giants play the Bears twice, in back-to-back weeks, but don't play the Lions at all.

So, like I said, I'm in a more of an alt-history mood, so I'm going to redo the schedules. There's a problem though. If I do play 2x vs. divisional rivals and 1x vs. the opposite division, the East will play 12 games and the West will play 11.....eh, close enough.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote