View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Gold, Green, and Orange: East Grinstead Mavericks (FM16)

I felt like a break from Wildermyth - particularly since I'm already getting repeat quests/stories in the second campaign. I bit on EHM for $5 but it looks like a pain in the ass to navigate.

So I decided to go back to FM16 and we're running with East Grinstead Mavericks, who have the awesome name and logo seen above.

To make things more interesting, I can only acquire staff via advertisement. I also need to have some scouting on a player before I can sign him.

32 year old Paul Gilbert becomes my assman - 16 Adaptability, 12 Determination, 6 JPA, 5 JPP. He finds us our first Chief scout - a 17 Adaptability, 3 JPA, 3 JPP scrub I intend to get rid of as soon as possible.

Mr. Gilbert also clues us in to our first signings.

ML/AML Ollie Long - 20 years old
Former Kidderminster product who never saw a game. 10 First Touch and Pace, 12 Acceleration. That 13 Leadership is going to make him a prime candidate to captain this squad of presumed youngsters, too. 5'11, 167 pounds.

ST Jake Britton - 17 years old
At 6'2, 174 pounds, he has the size, Finishing (10), and Teamwork (13) to hopefully be a natural Target Man for us. That 14 Flair is a nice bonus, too. Scored 3 goals in 9 appearances for Bishop Sutton in the Western Premier a few years ago.

MC/MR Andrew Watts - 18 years old
11 First Touch, 12 Acceleration, 12 Pace marks him out as a right winger rather than playing in the middle of the field, where he's not as developed yet. A bit shrimpy at 5'8, 160. A couple cups of coffee with Kettering is his resume.

DL Nick Handley - 23 years old
Technical skills are nonexistent, but he's got that 14 Teamwork and 12 Work Rate mentally, and a comparatively blistering 12 Pace. 5'9, 154. Spent two seasons with Romulus and never saw senior time.

DLR/WBLR Matt Carter - 20 years old
He was a trialist for a much higher side but this 10 Tackling, 15 Teamwork, 10 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 12 Pace, Flair, and Leadership kid somehow decided to join us. On paper, he looks like the best player signed so far, and he'll hold down the DR slot. Skinny at 5'11, 143 but comes with bigtime pedigree, having been schooled in former Championship side Peterborough.

AMC/MC George Russell - 19 years old
11 Long Shots and Decisions, 10 Determination and Work Rate, 11 Acceleration for this 5'8, 154 pound product of League 1 side Yeovil has me putting him in an AMC Shadow Striker role, which I've never before tried. I'm hella intrigued to see how this goes.

DL(C) Alex Hoyle - 22 years old - 5'7, 145 pounds
So uh... we're forcing him to be a central defender even though he's not natural there. 11 Decisions and Aggression, 10 Acceleration will hopefully get him to be okayish there in time. Did come from Bristol Rovers if that means anything.

ST Ben Wickens - 20 years old - 5'7, 152 pounds
12 Composure, 12 Off the Ball, 11 Balance has him suiting up as the Advanced Forward in my three man scheme up front. The Chippenham alum is trash technically, but we'll see how this goes.

{b]GK Charlie Hyam - 19 years old - 6'1, 171 pounds[/b]
10 Aerial Reach, Handling, Reflexes, and Decisions. 13 Agility. That's a nice all-around set of keeper attributes. Staines is where he's from.

At the press conference where all these signings are announced, the lone journalist keeps nutting over Ben Wickens, even though I still hold that Matt Carter is our best player.

MC Warren Garcia - 24 years old - 6'1, 176 pounds
10 Determination, 13 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, with bonuses of 13 Leadership and 12 Flair. The oldest player at the club to date, his thankfully high Leadership means he'll take over the captaincy, with Long as the vice-captain.

DM/MLCR/AMLCR/ST? Sandro Sanchez - 18
English kid born to Spanish parents in St Alban's. I'm not going to go over his profile extensively because he's here to be a bench god I can put in a lot of different places. He's going to get work at becoming a true striker rather than just yellow.

DC Stephen O'Hara - 22 years old - 6'0, 171 pounds
10 Marking and 10 Tackling make him our Stopper, though I have to say his 17 Natural Fitness is eye-popping. Kid with the Irish father is a freaking Greek god in his physique.

DC Josh England - 22 years old - 5'9, 154 pounds
Literally nothing remarkable about this kid, though he does have preferred moves of Playing Short, Simple Passes and Marking Opponent Tightly. Still, as a natural DC, he'll start over Doyle until the latter gets up to snuff at the position.

Coaching Thoughts
The staff views George Russell as our best player (4.5*). My own favorite Matt Carter is considered the second-best at 4*.

What the staff doesn't like - our strikers (2* for both).

Our Probably Shitlord First Tactical Setup

No TIs or PIs. Balanced/Fluid default.

The Coaching Staff's View

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote