View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Furngate
Welp, we go down 0-2 and then Josh England's stupid ass gets red-carded at 36 minutes in. In the 59th minute, Ollie Long draws the double-team and plays a perfect long cross into the area for Ben Wickens, the media favorite, to put away the debut goal. Sandro Sanchez goes in for Britton, then gets hit with a penalty whistle. Somehow our keeper stops it.

81st minute - Long goes long to Wickens outside the box. Keeper pushes away the cross and Andrew Watts runs in for the shot. Keeper tries to stop it but it rolls out of his hands on the ground and Sanchez redeems himself with the poke-in late equalizer!!!

Amazing 2-2 draw on a shorthanded field. My gut says the Counter mentality is actually the best for this tactic, so we'll switch to that. Ollie Long's 8.1 performance nets him PotM.

We *finally* get a coach. I pick the best fitness guy I can find among the applicants and now we're at least 1* in everything but goal coaching.

@ Heath Rangers (Parsons Challenge Cup First Round)
It's Alex Doyle in for England's red-carded ass. A dull 0-1 defeat that sees us out of the cup and no offensive highlights.

@ Cuckfield Rangers III (10th)
Sandro Sanchez gets the nod at MR for this one because Watts is out sick after eating some bad paella. Everyone suspects Sandro of shenanigans but nothing can be proven. It's all circumstantial.

34 - Four straight shots in a row blocked, and of course their one measly little shot goes in 0-1

73 - Perfect volley by Long for Britton to head in... and it clangs off the fucking upper crossbar. Fuck you, RNG.

87 - Flukeass roller ball ofc 0-2

vs East Grinstead Town III (3rd)
On the advice of my assman, Hadley is benched for Hoyle in this one.

7 - Back from poisoning is Watts, who splits two defenders with a ground pass to Britton just outside the box. The groundball inside sneaks past a couple more defenders and Wickens has the net at his mercy to score his second goal of the season! 1-0

51 - Hoyle with the clutch interception and pass to Britton in the middle of the park. Layoff to Wickens who beats everyone down the left side. Parks on the corner outside the box and sends it in, where Flying Shadow Striker Russell bangs in his first Mavericks goal!!!! 2-0

64 - Sanchez on for Garcia

80 - Three defenders circle jerk around one lone ass opposing striker so ofc he scores. GTFO Hoyle. Hadley is back in 2-1

Only 11 people came to our first win, but whatever. Ben Wickens PotM with 7.5, George Russell close behind with 7.4. I'm going to pause it here before we lose like 50 in a row.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote