View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Linfield IV
Obviously Islam starting in place of injured Britton for a couple games, giving us all three Pakistani-British team members.

We win 1-0 on Hakeem Islam's great charge after a bad clearance, but we absolutely did not deserve to win, so I ripped into the team after. Also, my initial write-up got eaten as I was trying to kill a fly.

@ Ridgewood (Mid Sussex Junior Cup Quarterfinal)

39 - Booming clearance by our defense finds Wickens in the other half of the pitch. He passes to Islam, who jukes the defense and sends it back to Wickens in the box for the score. 1-0

44 - Hoyle strips away a dangerous position and jackhammers it down to Wickens. Counter concludes with doubled Russell laying off to the completely open Watts for the run, center to Islam and score. 2-0

74 - Now it's Wickens who goes out injured. Britton comes on and Sanchez steps in for exhausted Garcia

This one was all about matching 8.3s Hakeem Islam (PotM) and Andrew Watts.

We'll be without our stud Ben Wickens for a month.

@Handcross Village III (4th)
Until Wickens is back, Islam as our AF, Britton in the TM role.

13 - A crowded box, but Islam fights through it for the opening goal. 1-0

17 - Sloppy defense. 1-1

27 - Watts to Britton to Islam for the easy score. 2-1

[b]35[/b[ - Just before the double-team closes in on him. Watts sends it to Russell in the box and this is all child's play. 3-1

64 - Islam to Russell outside the box. Everyone's eyes are locked on Britton when the entry pass comes, completely missing sneaky assassin Islam, who darts forward for the hat trick! 4-1

9.5 for PotM Hakeem Islam and 8.5 for George Russell. EZ Mode.

And a short time later, I change teams, because the slow grind is boring.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote