View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 12:12 PM   #573
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I am prepping for the TD program by:

-assuming that it will be set up more or less the same as in recent years - each set will require an array of specific cards from that franchise (this is central)

-if that's true then I expect demand for all those sundry cards, which have no real value right now, to increase mightily

-so I am buying up all the 75-86 rated Chargers that i can buy at anywhere around "market price" now, and I expect to be well positioned to make money with them in two ways:

1- completing the set for the Chargers franchise Team Diamonds player, who will likely sell for a LOT (meaningfully more than it costs to run down all the component cards)

2- noticing which specific cards, components of the Chargers' set, are in short supply, and profiteering on them (buying that 78 rated bum for 2,500 when a naive seller posts him at a standard price for a 78 card, then listing him for 10K or 15K or whatever...counting on some desperate/impatient buyer working on the set, or all of them, to find only my copy available and buy it at my usurious price)

This may sound tedious to you or most. I enjoy it, and fully expect that I will have the money-making engines humming by the end of this week. Have probably sunk 300K or so already into low and medium tier cards for this purpose. Listed some already and am churning some profits that way to others who are on the same game just not as sharp.

Down from 4.6 to 4.3m in coins by doing this... if I'm right this will all feel like obvious money well spent in very short order.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote