View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #267
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

Couple of interesting notes. The Summer practice schedule has been released, and Brett's team is scheduled to do two a days a couple times a week. In the past, the two a days were only offered for the Region swimmers that were close to advancing to the Senior team, and Brett isn't so we emailed the coach to ask what we should do with Brett. He suggested that Brett should go to the two a days...but that he'd talk with Brett and let him know. That is wasn't urgent that he attend both practices, but he needs to start preparing for it.

Also, because practices have been moved to early afternoon, we are going to have a hard time getting the kids there. In fact, we will have to solicit help from my parents...because of this we really don't want to ask them to make multiple trips to the pool, so we asked if the twins could practice a couple of days a week with Region.

Interestingly, the response was..."I'm concerned about Bailey..." This was not what I was expecting. Bailey is swimming so well right now, and Bear is still struggling a bit, I really thought I'd hear Bear wasn't ready. The coach said, she feels Bear is physically ready, but she wasn't sure Bailey has the muscle mass to get through the longer practices. After thinking about it, I now understand where the coach is coming from. Bear is much better at the distance swims, and that does translate into being able to handle the longer practices. All this said, it does look like the twins will be practicing a couple times a week with Region.

The kids will be putting together their goals tonight, but they will be limited. Because it has been so long since they swam Long Course...they aren't sure what times to shoot for, so they are going to wait until after the time trials this weekend to be more specific with the goals...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote