View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 1 – We win init. I can barely see anyone. I hold back and play defense, mostly. I can’t see the battle, but someone is attacking something massively, and someone blacks out. Our Lynx sinks a lot of damage into their Talon, which falls.

Turn 2 – We win init again. As they move in the north, I emerge a few units behind buildings to do some fighting. Our Apollo cracks the engine, x2 on their Talon. Some stuff gets destroyed, etc. Our Lynx nails a hip actuator on their Orion. Our Orion Iic then destroys the RT and CT of their Talon, dead mech. No tumbles.

Turn 3 – We lose init. A Crusader steps on the northern flank, I run our Flashman up to it. I put Elementals on a roof to help see the area. Our Lynx destroys the LA on their Orion, and our Zeus cracks its engine and LB10x. Their Orion falls, destroys its RT and is destroyed. Also falling? Crusader and Griffin. And our Zeus, who just took 20+ damage but couldn’t get that 4. Their CRD pilot blacks out Our Flashman kicks, hits the CRD’s H and its destroyed.

Turn 4 – We win init. I run the Gallowglas ot the north to continue fighting there, since more 1st mechs are pouring through the narrow window at the top. Steiner is being cautious. Our Elementals continue to move to a higher spot to socut the map out. After falling once, our Zeus rises and runs behinds a building. Their JagerMech III takes the spot of the CRD. Our Orion Iic bases it. Stuff appears to be killed more. Not sure what. Looks like 3 or 4 units were destroyed. TTwo engine explosions over there were nasty it seems. The Dragonfire’s RT is destroyed though, I can tell that. Our Phoenix hawk hits the LRM ammo on their Griffin, and it ignites – CASE< dead mech. They hit our PXH a bunch. Our Orion Iic destroys the JM III RT, dead mech. Multiple buildings collapse. Some long range weapons tear into our Elemental squad. Our Orion and PXH fall and the Pixie blacks out.

Turn 5 – We win init. Our Orion Iic rises and backs up. Our Flashman runs through the hole and emerges by their Victor, Salamander, Blackjack O and Wolverine. Our Lynx hops to the spot to the rear of the Flashman, where the JMIII and Crusader stood. Our Shootist runs up to flank them in the north. OI leap the Elementals back down – I don’t want them destroyed or anything. Oyu blacked out PXH ;loses it’s RL. Our Highlander’s weapons destroy the opposing Lynx’s H. We also destroyed its RL and LA with our Grand Crusader and Starslayer. I can tell another unseen mech is blasted. They destroy our PXH’s RT and it shuts down. No one falls.

In order to connect to the game, and see where everything is, I close it down, load the save, and then connect as the various bots to see who was destroyed. I think the 1st have been pushed around enough to flee, but I have no idea. Hold on.

Recent Deaths:

Round 5 - 1st Phoenix Hawk killed by Guard’s stalker
Round 2 - Guard’s Dragon Fire destroyed 1st’s Dervish 7D CT
Round 3 – Guard Highlander destroys LA on 1st Wolf Trap

Round 4 – 1st Wolf Trap takes out Guard Dragon Fire; Guard Dragon Fire, before dying, takes out 1st’s Javelin, which causes an engine explosion. Buildings destroyed. That explosion destroys the 1st’s Wolf Trap’s RT and LL.

Not sure of what is left?

1st Kestral, Elite, pro-Davion – Salamander, Victor, Wolverine, Blackjack O

We have damaged the Wolverine and Victor that turn.

Lyran Guard – Devastator, Falconer, Fireball, Guillotine, Axman, Hatchetman, Stalker, Cerebus, Highlander

So the 1st Kestral decide to quit the map, and voluntarily leave under a flag of truce.

Turn 6 – We lose initiative. I turn and move my stuff towards the southern flank. Their Cerberus hits the gauss ammo in our Highlander. No one falls.

Turn 7 – We lose init again. I need more intel, so I leap some Elementals back up on the roof. Flashman next to their Stalker. How about the Lynx as well? We focus some fire on the Guillotine, and a bit on the Stalker as well. Our Highlander nails an engine and foot on the Guillotine. Our Flashman nails a hip and foot on the Stalker. Their Guillotine destroys the RT on our Highlander. Our Starslayer takes out the RL on the Stalker. Then our Elementals hit the Stalker’s AMS ammo, and CASE, but XL shuts it down. Their Guillotine falls, but our Highlander doesn’t. The Guillotine pilot blacks out.

I’ll make a trade of my Highlander torso for a heavy mech every single time. We have so many badly damaged Mechs that turn that I felt we might lose multiples. Taking out the assault Stalker and freezing the Guillotine was a huge hit, because our Zeus, a suit of Elementals, the Highlander, Lynx, Orion IIc and Grand Crusader are all hugely damaged.

Turn 8 – We win init. I lead with my Gallowglas, since it’s not been zarked. It walks into one of the avenues of attack. Our Starslayer, undamaged, bases their lightly glistened Hatchetman. I leap our Highlander behind a building and next to the east side, so I can flee next turn if needed. Our Shootist walks to their Cerberus. I move in some Elementals. I run our Apollo next to their Fireball. This thing isn’t over yet. They have a lot of heavy metal rocking the block, some untouched, like a Highlander, Devastator and the barely scratched Falconer and Axman. They know we are badly damaged, and are going to keep at it. Our benefit is that we took out the team with the more accurate mechs. I back up to give my folks firing lanes, and their Highlander bases our Starslayer. Our Lynx leaps next to their Hatchetman. Flashman runs to the rear of their Falconer. Their Devastator destroys the LA on our Shootist. Meanwhile, it’s AC20 destroys the RL of their Cerberus. Our Starslayer nails the engine once on their Hatchetman. Attacking through the rear, I go overheat ot blaze their mech, and our Flashman hits the engine three times in the LT and CT rears. Our Gallowglas destroys the LL on their Fireball. Their Cerberus takes out the LT on my Shootist. Their Highlander destroys the RA on my Zeus. Our Grand Crusader takes the gauss rifle on their Cerberus in the RA and destroys it, and the RT goes too. Dead mech . Falling? Hatchetman, Fireball. Our Starslayer kicks their Hatchetman’s CT and destroys it.

That turn we killed a Cerberus and Falconer and Hatchetman and essentially took out the Fireball as well.

They choose to fade. They have just three mechs left – Devastator, Axman, and Highlander

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-23-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote