View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are just a few, small areas of gentle elevation, with dirt and grass. No trees, bushes, or water.

Turn 1 – We lose init. I create two prongs of attack, one led by the Atlas, Hunchback and Rifleman on the right and the other the Goliath, Thunderbolt and Thunder Hawk on the left. They move out and rush their Peregrine Attack VTOLs as well. I take some shots at a Peregrine – we have a hard chance to hit, but if we do….. Our T Bolt immobilizes a Pegasus. Our Goliath immobilizes a Gladius and our Jenner a Blizzard. Our Atlas cascades an LRM 20 and all 20 missiles hit one of their Gladius and it is destroyed. Our Atlas’s medium laser crawls into a Peregrine and destroys its rotor and it crashes into the ground.

Turn 2 – We lose init again. Our Vulcan bases their Blizzard. I move up close range mechs like Hunchback and Thunderbolt. I don’t even move longer range ones like our Rifleman and Goliath. Our Clint bases, and stands above, their Charger. I try to converge a few mechs around their Charger. That’s the only threat I seriously fear over there. Our PXH bases the Charger as well. They base my Atlas with their Dragon. Their Peregrine flies behind my Rifleman so I flip its arms. Our Hunch’s AC20 nails the Dragon right in the LT. Hits a laser there. A Pegasus gets a through-armor-crit on the Thunder Hawk and nails two leg actuators. Annoying. The Atlas blows off the LL on their Charger with his SRM6. Our Vulcan destroys the Blizzard. Their Thunder Hawk’s medium pulse laser drills into their Pegaus sand hits the fuel and it explodes. Their Charger falls, as does our T Hawk. Our Atlas kicks and doles out 20 damage to their Dragon, who falls.

Turn 3 – We lose init. Their Pegasus bases our Shadow Hawk. I don’t move or stand the T Hawk. It’s taken little damage and likely to get ganged up on for a turn or two, absorbed damage from the others. Our T Bolt stands on their damaged Drillson. A few more folks base tanks and vice versa. Our Penetrator and Clint base their Scorpion mech. Their Dragon fails to rise twice. Our Rifleman nails their Peregrine’s RS and it falls to the ground and crashes dead. Our T Hawk immobilizes a Maxim, while our Penetrator nails a pair of leg actuators on their Scorpion’s Rear Right Leg. Their Peregrine hits the legs on my Rifleman and nails a hip actuator. A Pegasus hits our Shadow Hawk with three SRMS6s, for 6, 4, and 6 missiles each, and nails the H twice. Their Harasser Missile Platform gets a through armor critical on our Thunder Hawk, nails the gauss in the LT, and we had auto eject on. The section is not destroyed (there is 1 damage left on the internal structure) but with autopilot on, we eject and the mech is down. Our Shadow Hawk, Rifleman fall, as does their Scorpion

Our Penetrator kicks, and kits the SRM6 ammo in their Scorpion mech and it explodes! Our Jenner kicks and destroys the ammo in a Maxim and it explodes too! The Atlas kicks and destroys the LL and LT of their Dragon

Because of their speed, they begin to collect themselves to fly out. We get one more turn of smashing.

Turn 4 – We lose init again. I eject our Rifleman. Our Shadow Hawk rises and runs. Thunderbolt next to their Stinger and a Maxim. Vulcan next to a Pegasus. Our Jenner destroys the Center Torso )Rear) of their Stinger. Dead mech. A few other sections are destroyed as well. Our Shadow Hawk immobilizes a Harasser #1 while our Goliath freezes another Harasser #2. Our Phoenix Hawk follows that with a ER Large Laser that destroys the #1 Harasser. Gauss slug fires at a Drillson and immobilizes it as well. They go critical on our Clint in a few places. No one falls. Our Vulcan kicks and destroys the right side of a Pegasus.

And with that their still capable tanks fade into the night. They have escaping a pair of Condor Heavy Tanks, a Gladius, a Drillson , and a Maxim. Not exactly a powerful combination.

We don’t find any transport vessels here, or nearby. No idea if these bandits attacked other systems or just locally. But they are basically down.

Dragon, missing LL, LT
Charger, reattach LL

Scorpion, RLL, FLL, H
Stinger H, L, RL, RT, RA

Dead Tanks – Gladius, Peregrinex2, Blizzard, Pegasus (fuel), normal Peg, Maxim (fuel), Harasser

Kills – Atlasx2, Vulcanx2, Thunder Hawk, Rifleman, Penetrator, Jennerx2, Phoenix Hawk

Good stuff!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote