View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are some small glimpses of trees here and there, including a section in the southwest that I move toward.

Turn 1 – we lose initi. They run a few mechs right at us – A PXH IIC, Spirit and a Cougar D. Their Vixen rushes and bases our Highlander. A Black Lanner bases our Atlas. Many of our shots are those of opportunity. We begin by tacking that Cougar a few times. Our Blood Asp destroys the LA of their Black Lanner. Our Bushwacker nails the gyro once on their Cougar. It falls from damage, our Atlas took 60+ and is standing, and our Highlander took 40+ and is as well.

Turn 2 – We win initiative this time. I race our Wolfhound up by some trees to the northwest. The other PXH IIc and Thor are charging our position. They want to end this now. Our Starslayer jumps next to, and to the left side, of their PXH IIc #2. A Hellhound bases our SS. Their Cougar rises, runs, and falls again. The Vixen that based our Highlander now does so to our Uller. They back away the damaged Black Lanner. I run the Lao Hu over to base the Vixen. Our Starslayer goes internal in three places on their Locust IIc and nails the hip actuators. Then our Vulture destroys the RA on their Locust IIc and blows off the limb. Ready for this one? Our Hunchback’s AC20 hits their Thor’s Gauss rifle, destroys the LA (explosion of rifle) the pilot blacks out from the feedback. Nice shot! Meanwhile our Atlas blows off the Thor’s LL. Our Blood Asp finishes the Thor by destroys its LT, and hitting the engine once on the CT for a engine shut down. Meanwhile, a PXH IIc nails the Uller twice with aAC10 shots, and hits the LL actuators twice. After taking 40, our Blood Asp falls, as does the Uller, and their Locust IIc. I am surprised that the Starslayer was not dropped more forcefully, it only took 40+ damage. Our Lao Hu kicks and hits the LL actuator on their Vixen’s LL. But it doesn’t fall.

Not a bad round, with the Thor down. That have damaged Locust IIc, Black Lanner, and Cougar.

Turn 3 – We win init. I hop the Starslayer into some heavy woods on the ear east of the map. I want to draw away some attention. We rise the Blood Asp. After failing once, the Cougar rises to get away from the nearby Starslayer. Our Uller rises and flees from the battle, and according to the clan rules, that removes it from battle. It’s better than ejecting. Their Hellhound bases our Catapult. Our Vulture chases their wounded Black Lanner, I want to take it down if possible. A PXH IIc keeps coming in our face. I back up our Lao Hu against this annoying Vixen again. Their other Hellhound almost bases our Blood Asp – its two away. Our Vulture destroys the RA of their Black Lanner. Our Atlas the RT of their Locust IIc. Our Starslayer nails the RT of their Cougar and destroys it, then hits the engincex2 on the CT, engine shut down. Their Vixen nails the gyro once of our Hunchback on a through armor critical and it falls. Their Hellhound #2 took 60+ and fell. Our Lao Hu kicks and destroys the RL of their Vixen. They set the woods on fire my Blood Asp was stranding in.

Turn 4 – I lose init. I stand the wounded Hunchback and that’s it. I‘ll use it as a target of sacrifice this turn. Damaged badly, the Black Lanner does a suicidal rush as the Blood Asp fueled by its MASC. It fails to stand once, but their Hellhound rises and runs a bit. Their Vixen can’t do anything. I reposition our Bushwacker next to the Blood Asp for support. Their Spirit runs behind our forces to get a line on the Hunchback probably. I hop the Starslayer out. Their Loki takes some heavy woods in the far northwest. A gauss from our Shadow Cat cracks open their Hellhound #2, (the injured one). Our Blood Asp just tears into the wounded Black Lanner – destroys the RT, LT, and LL. Dead mech. Accurate fire from their Rifleman IIc pierces the Hunchback and nails the hip on its LL. Their Spirit follows suit and destroys it’s RL. Our Highlander opens up their unwounded Hellhound that ruches us, destroys its RA with a few hits in the arm led by its gauss, finished by its SRM missiles. Our Starslayer destroys the LA of their Locust IIc. Our Catapult just blasts the Hellhound #2 with two flights of Artemis equipped missiles and hits the CT once for an engine hit, a large pulse laser, the RT destroys as well (no shut down, no XL engine). LB 20X on our Lao Hu hits the downed Vixen and hits with all 20 shots. They smash it a bunch and destroy three pieces, and the mech’s CT, taking it down. Even though t took 40 more, our Blood Asp is still standing, as our their Hellhounds and Spirit. Only our Hunchback falls. The pilot blacks out. SUCK!

Turn 5 – We lose init. I back the Blood Asp one space. It’s lost more than half of its external armor, so I want to protect it a bit now. Their Loki remains in the heavy woods. Their Spirit bases the Hunchback. Our Wolfhound destroys the LT of their Spirit. A gauss slug slides into their other Vixen and destroys it’s a and then LRM fire its RT. Their PXH IIc #2’s Ultra AC10 smashes our Bushwacker’s H and goes internal, but does not hit anything. Our Bushwacker follows with a LA blown off the Hellhound #2. Pulse lasers from the Vulture carve into their Sprit and destroy the RA> Their Kraken’s ultra AC2 collapse into the Bushwacker, and one hits its head and destroys it. Meanwhile their Spirit hits and destroys the CT of our Hunchback. Our Catapult fires LRMs into their Hellhound #2 and hits a bunch, and then follows with a medium laser to the downed Locust, and destroys the CT. Dead mech. Gauss slug from the Shadow Cat nails the Hellhound #2 CT and destroys it, dead mech. Their Spirit and Hellhound fall.

That turn we lose two medium mechs (Hunchback, Bushwacker). They lost a Hellhound that was already wounded badly,

Mech count? They have untouched PXH IIcs, Loki Kraken and Rifleman IIc all rocking the block. They also have an untouched Griffin IIC, and a wounded Vixen, Hellhound and Spirit. 9 mechs left.

We have lost an Uller, Hunchback and Bushwacker. We have lost a lot of armor in the Starslayer, Catapult, Atlas, Highlander, and Blood Asp. We have, untouched, Lao Hu, Shadow Cat, Vulture. 9 mechs too, but ours have armor and such that are problems. Plus, the mechs we’ve killed have predominantly been lighter stuff. Lots of smoke by our position too.

Turn 6 – I win init. Their Spirit fails to stand, tumbles, and blacks out. I run the Wolfhound next to it. Their Hellhound at least stands and runs five. They are creating a large sniping spot north of us. A PXH IIc is by the Loki, and their move the Kraken nearby as well. They are trying to turn it into a rally point. Their run the damaged Vixen into some light trees in the back on that side as well. I move our Lao Hu forward to give it some time to get attacks. I begin to focus fire on the PXH IIC. I also have some nice lines of fire on the Rifleman IIc from a few of my mechs instead. After a turn of light fire exchange, their, Rifleman IIc, taking 40+, falls. We had two mechs take 20+ and do nothing (Highlander, Atlas). It was more a turn of positioning. Our Wolfhound kicks the Spirit (after missing with ll of its lasers) and this a gyro once on it. The Spirit does not wake up though.

Turn 7 – We win again. Their RFL IIC is up and running. I leave the Wolfhound by their mech. Our Catapult runs out and bases their wounded Hellhound. It’s below a copse of trees on the east flank, and no one has a good angle of attack down there anymore. I run the S Cat behind it. I leap our Highlander into some abandoned heavy woods the Catapult was in. All of their mechs are in the northwest, or getting there, save for the Hellhound. This turn we focus fire on the slower moving RLF IIc. Our Shadow Cat destroys the LL of that Hellhound. The Wolfhound destroys the CT of their Spirit. Our Blood Asp hits the H once of their RLF IIc with missiles, and then destroys that RA. Meanwhile our Lao Hu smashes the Pxh IIC #2 with its LB20X and hits with 12 pellet. Once is a through-armor crit that nails the AC10 ammo on their mech. Destroyed the RT completely in the explosion, and the pilot blacks out. Then our Highlander finishes the Rifleman IIc with a gauss to the h. Their Loki devastates our Wolfhound and destroys its RA. Their Hellhound and blacked out PXH fall hard. No one else falls. Shadow Cat kicks and destroys the LA of their Hellhound while our Catapult adds a kick to its LT, hits its ammo, it explodes ,and the pilot also blacks out.

Now things look a lot differently.

We took out an assault mech (PXH) and heavy (RFL) and have essentially finished the Hellhound in the last two turns. Meanwhile, they have just damaged a Wolfhound.

They have two immobilized mechs and a wounded Vixen. That leaves them four mechs to rally against our nine. That’s not good math. Now, they are heavier units.

We offer them hegira, and they accept.

We have defeated Jade Falcon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote