View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The area has some hills and elevation, but not a lot, and a bit of rough, and that’s it. No woods, grass, pavement, buildings- nothing else.

Turn 1 - We win init. This may end quickly. We pushed on the south flank, they on the north. They have six mechs they moved forward. I focus some fire on the Man O War, who moved out in front.

We begin to crack the armor of their Man o War with our Blood Asp, who hits an ER Small laser
They crack the armor of our Starslayer with a Thor and hit a medium laser on it
Their Uller nails the LA of our Starslayer with its LB5X and hits two actuators there.
After lots of damage, our Viper nails the hip and lower leg actuators on their Man o War
After taking 160+ damage, it falls hard. Our Starslayer took 40+ and is still standing.

Good first turn for us! We savaged one of their heaviest mechs, and that’s a good start.

Turn 2 – We lose init. Their Man o War manages to stand. We have to take out those Cougars, they pack so much weaponry on a little body. That prime running around? Two large pulse lasers and two LRM10s. On a 35 ton mech. That’s ridiculous, but they are slower mechs (5/8 movement). We need to tack that thang down. They run a Black Lanner at us, and then a Fire Falcon. I hop the Starslayer behind a level 1 hill. A Fire Falcon bases, and it above, my Uller.

ER Large Laser from their Black Lanner #2 hits the Head of my Atlas and goes internal, but hits nothing there. Their Fire Falcon Prime #1 hits the LA and destroys it, of our Uller
Our Blood Asp gest a limb blown off their RA of the Man o War
ER Large Laser from their Uller nails the H of our Atlas with an ER Large Laser and destroys the mech and it is down. Nasty!!!
Our Vulture destroys the LT and CT of their Fire Falcon Prime #1.
Nobody falls

That was not a good round.

Turn 3 – We win initiative at least. At least we still have the gauss on the Uller and I’ll keep it going for now. Their Uller charges our north flank. A Blank Lanner’s MASC forces it to freeze and it hits its hip actuator and stays standing. Don’t know how that happened. I leap the Starslayer adjacent and next to their Uller. They push forward with the other Black Lanner, Fenris, Fire Falcon, and Cougar. Their Fenris runs next to, and above, my Blood Asp.

Our Blood Asp destroys the RT of their Man o War
Our Highlander’s Gauss nails the LT of their Cougar Prime and hits the engine twice and LRM10 once
Their Cougar Prime’s large pulse laser tears into the H of our Uller and destroys it. Two dead pilots, damn!
Our StarSlayer destroys the CT of their Uller
Our Shadow Cat Prime nails the engine once on their Cougar D
Then our Vulture hits the Cougar Prime’s H with its large pulse laser and its dead. As well as a RA and RL.
Our Viper tears into their Fenris and this the enginex2 in the RT, and then destroys it.
Elementals savage our Highlander.
Their Fenris fell and destroys its LA
Despite taking 40+, our Highlander remains on its feet.

So, we took out an injured Cougar, an unwounded Uller and savaged a Fenris, while they took out a damaged Uller. That’s a good swap, although we’ve now lost two pilots.

Turn 4 – We win init. The Fenris rises and runs far. I leap our Viper near their non-wounded Black Lanner. I try to put some weapons into the MASC’d Black Lanner to drop it to the ground.

Our Rifleman IIc destroys the RT of their Cougar D
Our Blood Asp follows by hitting its gyro once
Their Black Lanner stays up
We had three mechs with 20+ damage (Blood Asp, Lao Hu, Viper) and none fell
Their Cougar D falls and hits its CT and this the gyro and engine enough times for a shut down.

Turn 5 – We win init again. That was a good turn we fought, because we finished off a Cougar, and began to put some long range weapons into their Night Gyr. I still want to put down the wounded Man o War and Fenris, but both have very few weapons remaining, so for now, it’s all about taking down major threats. I MASC run the Shadow Cat by their Fenris. I decide to be aggressive with our Viper and leap it near a few of their units in the south.

Our Rifleman Iic nails the engine on their Night Gyr once
Their Loki Prime #1 nails the LPL and a heat sink on our RFL IIc’s LA
Our Blood Asp destroys the LT of their Night Gyr , then nails thegyro once and engine twice more on the CT. Shut down city.
Before it died our Vulture destroyed its RA as well
Despite taking just 20+ damage, our Viper falls.

Turn 6 – We’ve taken their leader off the board, and win initiative. Elementals move out to get around our Viper. Their Fenris runs behind our Shadow Cat. They begin to move Thors and Lokis down from range and guard things less this turn. Looks like they are beginning to consider a hail mary. Our Viper stands and runs behind a hill, but some Elementals were hiding here and it doesn’t look good.

Their Black Lanner Prime #2 gets a through armor crit and nails the engine on our Shadow Cat
Their Fire Falcon Prime #2 hits the targeting computer on our Viper, and then follows with a limb blown off, LL
Our Vulture hits the gyro twice on their Black Lanner Prime #2. Dead mech.
Elementals crack the gyro of our Viper
Our Vixen destroys the CT of their Fenris
Falling? Viper, Fire Falcon Prime

Turn 7 – We win init again. I want to leave the Viper on the map, in order to sacrifice it, and use that turn to finish off and damage more of their stuff, but I just don’t see it worth the risk. I eject the mech after they move some folks over. The Fire Falcon tried to rise once and fell, but it does a second time and based the Viper‘s spot. In order to run over to the Viper’s spot, their other Black Lanner freezes its MASC. It falls down. Thors are leaping over as well. A Loki B is flanking us in the north. I focus fire on a Loki this turn.

Our Blood Asp destroys the RA of their Loki Prime
Our Vulture follows that up by opening it up in a few places, and hitting an ER PPC of it.
Their Loki B destroys the LA of their Starslayer
Our Starslayer nails the Loki Prime;s LT, and destroys it, damage transfers to the CT< it hits the engine and shuts it down. Our Rifleman IIc will destroy its LL as well.
Elemental armor peppers out Lao Hu , for 40+ damage.

No one falls.

Well, we took out an undamaged Loki, and they destroyed an arm on a Starslayer that was wounded already. That’s a pretty good swap.

We offer hejira, but they keep pushing.

Turn 8 – We start things off by losing that initiative. I leap the Starslayer 5 spaces next to the west edge. Their wounded Black Lanner fails to stand once, twice, then stays in the same space. I begin to push forward to end this. I have barely touched stuff like the PXH that can lead the way. Their Fire Falcon rushes our Highlander. They push as well. Thors in the south, and the Loki in the north, and the Hunchback IIc has moved forward from guarding the fire support mehs to popping out.

Blood Asp – Destroys LRM 100 on Black Lanner, explosion takes out the LT and blacks out the pilot.
Rifleman IIc – Destroys the LA, LT, and CT of the Fire Falcon
Thor B – Smashes the H of our Highlander with its LRM 20 missiles
Thor D – Hits the Starslayer and destroys its LL.
Vulture – Destroys the LA of their Loki B
PXH IIc – Nails the LL and LT of their Loki B and destroys both

Loki B falls and destroys RT, dead mech (XL engine)

This turn they lost the barely touched Loki B, And the Black Lanner is now unconscious.

Now they accept hegira. They have a Hunchback IIc, Thor B, Thor D, Man o War (savaged) and 5 squads of Elemental Armor.

We have won!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote