View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #120
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
Welcome Mark, and thanks for your input. Reading it opened up some more questions from me.

Next to a player's age, there is a percentage. I'm assuming that this is their total potential reached. For example, if the percentage is 70%, and their skill on the training page is 20, the skill level indicated by the tennis balls should be (40/20)*0.7, or 1.4. I can verify this on my player's page.

However, in the help file, it claims age affects skill, service, strength, speed, and endurance, with endurance being counted twice. Skill and service I can calculated directly. Does the same apply to strength and speed? For example, if my player in the example above has 2.0 strength, when he fully matures, does that mean his top strength will be 2/0.7 or 2.9?

And finally, with endurance, does this happen twice? Keeping the same player, if his endurance is 2.0, will his final endurance be (2.0/0.7)/0.7, or 4.1?

On a different topic, when it comes to trainers, there is a formula in the help file which defines the trainer rating. So I was looking around, and found a guy who looked to be a good candidate down the road when I get enough points. But I noticed he had a 70% next to his age. Does that mean he is declining? And will his actual ratings will be much better, or are the tennis ball ratings what are determining his trainer value?

Also, when hiring someone to be a trainer, my guess is that you can't make him one right away. You need to build up 7500 experience points. If it is a guy in his twilight, is that difficult to do?

You're dead on with the formulas for strength/speed and endurance.

If you're calculating a player's potential trainer rating with balls, then divide by his age% to proceed accurately. (For instance, to have a 5.0 skill rating when a player is at 80% of his peak, he would have 125 skill points.)

Getting those 7500 XP typically takes several months of practice sessions (with tournaments interspersed to keep a player's form in the experience-maximizing range.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote