View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #122
MarkBGregory
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Additional data for context with Mark's breakdown...

My GW2 guys, Sean Mendez and Andrei Lebedyenko, are cresting right around the #16 spot in the world at 27yo and 90% athleticism.

Mendez had a peak of 4.4 talent, 3.3 endurance, 4.1 strength, and 2.6 speed. That made him a 7.7 TE + 6.7 SS = 14.4 TESS player.

Lebedyenko had a peak of: 4.4 talent, 3.5 endurance, 3.9 strength, and 3.0 speed. That made him a 7.9 TE + 6.9 SS = 14.8 TESS player.

Interesting. Both players are pretty high in the world, considering I said above to "not bother" with players with a TE below 8.0! I wouldn't even say their SS stats are that exceptional either. You must have trained them exceptionally well, britrock. I think they also have the advantage of peaking late, which very few of my players have. I've buddied you in game, btw.

It makes me feel confident of success with some of the players I have. Igor Borowski, for example, should be heading towards a TE of 8.3 + SS of 7.6 = 15.9 TESS. Even Elezgueta, who I'd perceive as my worst player, has a TE of 8.0 + SS 7.3 = TESS 15.3. But Elezgueta has 104% aging factor, so that will probably hold him back.

Obviously all this stuff above is pure conjecture, and I could be overestimating or underestimating certain abilities, but it does seem Endurance and Talent are crucial to training up a top, top player.
MarkBGregory is offline   Reply With Quote