View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
I only follow this game through your dynasties (though I have looked for it to purchase but never found it anywhere). When you get around to it, can you explain what you are referring to here? What's so great about the kid, or whatever is going on? Thanks...

You should be able to buy it from the Paradox website, I'd imagine.

As for what's going on here, in this game Ince was the Count of Gemer. He married the daughter (and only child) of the Duke of Swabia, who has semi-salic succession laws (i.e. it's possible to inherit through the female line as well).

Istvan was born to Ince and the daughter and because of the semi-salic laws, was first in line to inherit and did so when the old Duke of Swabia died.

The order of titles in CK from strongest to weakest goes King (Emperor) - Duke - Count.

So this represents an increase in rank for the Barog family for this kid to become Duke. Furthermore, the Count of Gemer at that time only ruled Gemer and Kexholm (the pagan province to the far north) and, being Count, naturally could have no vassals.

The Duchy of Swabia, on the other hand, directly ruled Ulm, Wurttemberg, and Furstenberg and had 6 counts as vassals (the guys in the rings under vassals).

Higher rank = more prestige per month and in many cases (though not all!) a Duchy will make more money per month than a County.

I hope that helps.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote