View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #90
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

7.21 SG Wattenscheid 09 vs. Stuttgarter Kickers

Landeka is still here, and has become a CD. He's still the weak spot in their defense though, which really isn't much better than it was.

G Komolong
D Scepanik/Schwarz/Jager/Doringer
M Blank/Preiss/Maslanka/Fetscher
F Jedin/Tiel

This lineup is the most aggressive one we've yet played, in terms of only having four defenders. Wattenscheid has no forward with higher accuracy than 21, or control above 12. If they get any corners, we'll rely on Schwarz to get position in the box. They do have one with cannon shot, which is why Doringer is out there. I'll still need to go with five defenders most of the time until we get some more specializiations in, but this gives us the chance to get another player out there in other positions where playing time is more scarce. We don't really have much chance of scoring without Pfeiffer out there, so we're playing for a draw here.

Turns out the guy I thought had Cannon Shot actually had Rainbow Feint ... I misread the symbol. It didn't matter much though. If we'd had a full set of defenders out there it wouldn't have changed anything, because we'd need a CD(for the auto-tackling assistance) to aid in things. He used it twice on one possession to first get through our defense, and then score on Komolong. Without a CD or a player with the Reaction skill -- which Komolong will have by Winter Break -- there's not a whole lot you can do but shake their hand and say good job. And that was that. Late in the first half they scored; tried it again in the second half but Scepanik would have none of it. Doringer blocked their only other attempt, and we just didn't have the personnel out there to have any scoring threat.

SG Wattenscheid 09 1, Stuttgarter Kickers 0

Not the way I'd hoped to start the year.

Levels for Tiel(4) and Jedin(2).

*** Fetscher
** Preiss
* Maslanka

** Balance - 244(+30). Still need more for Fetscher's contract extension, but we'll get it.
** Glory - 1(--)
** Fans - 15(--)

Tiel is now an Amateur Forward(F). Skill choice:

We're going to see a lot of these decisions coming up as players become eligible for their first skill training. This one is for DavidCorperial. I don't think we've talked about the Nutmeg skill before, but it lets you dribble the ball through the opponents legs and get a square or two behind them. You can move further with it than Rainbow Feint(2-3 squares instead of just 1), but you can't score with Nutmeg. Beneficial for midfielders and forwards. I'm pretty sure we've covered the others, but feel free to ask questions as always.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-05-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote