View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #96
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

8.18 Kickers Offenbach(0-0-4, 8th) vs. Stuttgarter Kickers(0-0-4, 7th)

You might think we'd want to play our best here to finally get a point at least. But you'd be wrong ... we have a Cup match in a few days, with the same opponent, at home. So here we just want to keep our best players as fresh as possible for that one.

G Komolong
D Abruscia/Schwarz/Jager/Doringer
M Blank/Maslanka/Tunjic/Muller D
F Jedin/Wachter

I'll probably make some subs later on to keep the important players fresh. That's why we're playing a minimal defensive line. Against three forwards that's probably trouble for this match ... Offenbach has scored a couple times this year and probably should have more, their main problem is they've given up nine goals, more than twice as many as we have.

Our first rain match of the year. They dribble past Abruscia on the wing but Doringer makes the play. So far he's been our best defensive option this year. Jager got a long shot blocked later, and a late lofted pass in desperation was off the mark. So far so good. Weibenfels on for Doringer at the half made us weaker for sure, but he was already fairly tired. Everyone else looked okish.

Midway through the second half, they got it in the box to Vetter who had nearly a coin-flip chance, but for once Komolong made a great effort and easily made the save.

Still outplayed, but we finally get a result. I tried to spread around the action to different players as much as I could to keep anyone from getting too worn out for the next match.

Levels; Jager(9), Abruscia(9), Tunjic(4), Maslanka(4).

*** Doringer
** Jager
* Komolong

** Balance: 173(+30)
** Glory: 5(+4) -- Another strong opponent bonus. When the last-place team gives you that, you know you suck.

Abruscia is now a Fullback(RD), our first of those, and reaches Level 11. Three levels from one match, not bad! Specialization upgrades also for Tunjic(M) and Jedin(F). We'll pause here for skill training decisions again;

DavidCorperial has the skill choice for Tunjic, larrymcg421 for Jedin. After that, it's on to the critical Cup match.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote