View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #244
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Butler staying in Minnesota? Thibs wins, KAT/Glen Taylor lose...

I don't agree with how he's played the process out, but I'm with Groundhog in thinking the huge elephant in the room is that he's right about Wiggins and at this point it sounds like KAT as well.

I also don't buy for a second the idea that he called a players only meeting and explained that his only grievances were with management & not teammates, so we'll see how it plays out going forward. Either way, I don't think a consensus franchise cornerstone has had a quicker non-injury fall from grace than KAT in the last 3 months.

Thibs wins what exactly? He has a guy still there who does not want want to be there who is now the person running the organization. He also now has two "soft" guys on long term contracts on the team who may not be built for the rigors of the NBA. Oh yeah , and they are in the Western Conference.

What part of Butler's process is bothersome for people? I have no problem with his process if his goal is to

a) get out of Minnesota
b) get Wiggins and/or Towns out of Minnesota
c) Tell the T-Wolves in no uncertain terms that the mix of Butler, Towns and Wiggins is a complete disaster.

On Wiggins and Towns, are we sure the problem is them and not Thibs? Let's take this to the extreme. Are Wiggins and Towns as soft under the tutelage of Brad Stevens as they are perceived to be under Thibs?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote