View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 AM   #730
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm pretty sure I've cut my credibility way down this game after supporting Digamma, but in the spirit of generating clues (as requested by Fouts):

2.) I think Vince is innocent, but not enough to bump up into the Circle of Trust. He had questions about purchasing items earlier that indicated he was not in the know about this. I find it hard to believe that a wolf, collaborating with two other wolves, would not know this. If it is a trap, then nicely laid I suppose ...
Thanks for the thoughts -- the buying items thing was pretty retarded on my part, but the real reason that I overlooked it was because most of the items you listed as 'I would rather have this than the Cloak of Whispers' were items you could not buy, and were not very likely to be passed, ever. Still a pretty ridiculous mistake, and probably quite telling of what sort of item I have.

Currently, what I think...well, there's a lot that I don't know. I am a little concerned about Ardent right now -- I can understand the whole Mask thing, but why is he dead-set on destroying everything? In reference to post # 704 --
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Oh, and by the way, it's time to pass on another handy dandy item to my hammer buddy.
This isn't much to worry about, because tonight something will (should?) be destroyed, and we will know whether or not the 'smith is on the level. It would also go quite a ways towards clearing Ardent. So though I'm worried about him, it should resolve itself with no effort on our parts.

hoopsguy falls under the BrianD defense -- why in the hell would he so vocally defend digamma if he knew that digamma was a wolf? Terrible, terrible strategy in a game where the wolves are hugely outnumbered. However, "it's crazy enough that it just might work!" I'm not ready to completely clear him because it looks like a stupid move.

Fouts...well, Fouts is a tough one. I'm pretty much sure that he's a villager, but I don't think anyone else agrees with me really. While I want to keep him alive, I think it wouldn't do anything but negatively impact us. What worries me is that when someone uses the ointment on him, THAT PERSON is told what Fouts' role is. We then have to believe the user of the ointment when they tell us what Fouts' role is. If the Ointment is owned by a wolf right now, we're up shit creek without a paddle on Fouts.

BrianD -- he's on the level. What can I say? The guy straight outed a wolf. If he's sacrificing one of his own this early in the game while they're already WAY behind...man, ballsy move. I think it's safe to say he's a good guy.

And everyone else...well, I don't know really anything about them. Last night I had an extremely strong suspicion of SnDvls, but the day's events sort of made me ignore that. He was fairly quiet today if I remember correctly...

I think I'd like to wait a bit more before jumping on the quiet guys like Schmidty and Mr. Bug -- while I think it's a great strategy for the wolves (especially when they're so outnumbered), people do have lives.

Edited to fix an incorrect php tag.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 08-11-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote