View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan. 1676 – Tagloc is Spices

Oceania is now mostly taken. France has Hawaii, Nauru, Gilbert Islands,while England has Marshall, Midway, Tonga, New Caledonia, Society Islands, Eastern Portugal has Galapagos, and Castile has Tuamuto Islands,. Portugal is all over Australia and New Zealand and we are in the Indies and Philippines. I could grab the unclaimed New Guinea holdings or Taiwan. France is in Borneo, England is there too, and Portugal is in numerous islands as well.

I took a look. How many coastal provinces anywhere are available.

Africa? None, save for Bonny, next to England and Benin.

South America? None

North? Tons on the east coast, like Florida and the Carolinas. Nothing from Roanoke up until you get to high Canada in the arctic. From Washington state down, nothing on the west coast is unclaimed. Just some Canadian and Alaskan areas.

Asia? Just some in Siberia, around Kamchatka

1 Mar – Trade Company in Bikol

8 Apr – Revolt in Lindi

1 May – Defeated

9 May – Panay converts. Next is Buru

15 May – WHOA! I get a Monopoly Company Formed event. Choose payment in full now and get 2000 gold!

I am going to hold off on this for a moment

26 June – Native Assimilation in Palu

5 July – After those churches are done…

I order – Trading Company in Manado (which will give me another 0.51 a month), Plantation in Poso (another 0.76/month) and Trade Company in Kendari (0.51)over on Sulawesi, Trade Company on Ilocos in the Philippines (0.51) and Trade Company in Yamdena (0.39/month). It’s around 433 for each manufactory, so the 2k was basically 5 free ones. I still have 173 after those purchases. I included the hard numbers after that so you could see what the benefit of those is like later on.

We get an additional 2.5 a month or so from this stuff. So another 25 or 26 a year, which is one third of my workshop or church annually. Right now we’re building 12 manufactories.

In most circumstances, you get advancement from a building based on your development. But that’s not the case with manufactories, with are solely based off your trade good.

Here I’ll give you an example.

One of my wealthiest provinces in Manila:

14 dev, Spices, trade company, workshop and church.

We get 3.26 a month from it in tax and production. So, let me spend 63 DIP power to increase production there from 6/6/2 to 6/7/2. My production rose and our cash I now 3.44. Now I don’t normally spend that Power to make stuff better. But I do occasionally. In this game, every 10 development lets you build another building. So if I need to build something and I’m out of room, and the development is close to the next 10 or 20, then I’ll use some power to increase it. Typically that’s Military power to increase the manpower from that province. Military power is the one I use the least. ADM, which is the tax base, is used for most of my favorite Ideas, cores, and stability. Dip is used for production increases, Ideas of value, culture changes, Admirals, Explorers, and such. So it’s not usually my choice. Mil is used for reducing rebellions, but I don’t use it for that too often, you can usually tell where the rebellion I happening and move an army over per-rebellion. Other than the occasional Idea, it’s just the occasional general, and I often use my leader as my main general. So it get used for building up the development of holdings, which in turns means I have good manpower for my many wars.

Take Munene as a good example over in Central Kongo. 3/5/4 development right now, jungle spices . I upped it’s military and now with a 4 development it gets 750 manpower to me.

17 July – Conversation in Lindi. Next?> Kilwa

11 Aug – Zanzibar converts and Malindi is next.

10 Sept – I order up Workshop for Songo in Kongo, University in our capital of Mpemba (Which gives us -20% local developmental cost and another building for free)

14 Sept – Makassar is now our vassal

25 Sept – We get Sunda to slide to Catholic. It increases their liberty desire to 47% (Maravi is 76%)

14 Oct – We enter a Royal Marriage with Sunda!

1 Nov - I send a diplomat to make nice with Ryukyu

12 Nov – University ordered for Luba

27 Nov – I send a diplomat to make nice with Sulu.

1 Feb, 1677 – University for Tidore and Ternate

Trade Company in Xhosa in South Africa to pump up the wine

1 April –

Palu –
Tea, tropical, Selawesi, cored, Animist, tropical, 8 development, 0.23 made here , north of Makassar, and connects with Gorontolo and Poso, 0.07 unrest,

Next target is Turkana, not of our holdings in Lake Victoria and has a potential mining here.

28 June – Assimilation in Gorontalo

1 Sept – Trade Company in Inhambane

6 Nov – We finish the relations with Russia and finish that mission with some dip power. Turn Butuan into a city.

12 Nov – Buru converts. Palu next

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote